Club distances on course?

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I’ve recently been having a series of lessons working on mainly a better impact positions which has improved strike and completely skewed my distances, specifically on my wedges.

Over the last two days I been sorting my distances on the clock drill with different grip positions and need a way of logging them on course as a reference. I generally don’t like my phone with me but guess I’m not the only one who had this issue.

Any sensible suggestions welcome, as it currently stands I can only think of logging on a spread sheet, printing and taping them into the back of a score card holder.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I’ve recently been having a series of lessons working on mainly a better impact positions which has improved strike and completely skewed my distances, specifically on my wedges.

Over the last two days I been sorting my distances on the clock drill with different grip positions and need a way of logging them on course as a reference. I generally don’t like my phone with me but guess I’m not the only one who had this issue.

Any sensible suggestions welcome, as it currently stands I can only think of logging on a spread sheet, printing and taping them into the back of a score card holder.
Once you have figured it out a simple chart is all you need. Either on your phone or as you say, in the back of your score card holder.

4DF98FF4-4E05-4BFD-AB3C-A139A509615BIMG_20210823_125821.jpeg

I had mine set as my Lock Screen on my phone for easy access.

YandaB

Visit site

Can you tape them onto the shaft of each wedge?

Springveldt

Visit site
I just remember mine. I’ve only got 3 wedges and 4 different positions/swings so it’s not that hard to remember 12 numbers.

I actually need to get on trackman and redo them as I’ve strengthened my grip and it’s causing me to go long on all my usual distances.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I just remember mine. I’ve only got 3 wedges and 4 different positions/swings so it’s not that hard to remember 12 numbers.

12 numbers wouldn’t be a problem, but my short game was what got me down to mid singles and my approach to that part of my game has massively slipped.

Yesterday I worked on the skytrak with 1/2 swing & 2/3 swings using top, mid and bottom of the grip with 3 wedges, that’s 18 numbers. To some this may be overkill but our course is windy and greens can get firm so flight / decent is a massive strength.

Today, pitch shots on the chipping green with a bushnell between knee & waist height swings with bottom & mid grips. Trying to use just body rotation to control distance that’s a further 6 numbers, with another 6 to follow (potentially)

As these bed in they will become more fluent, but it’s a lot of data to store which is why having them logged would be handy.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The old pro at my place offered a gapping service, little plastic bag tag with distances written on

Hangs on the towel holder

Maybe make one of them

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
laminated piece of card attached to the side of the bag...or, if you are a member and have a "bag tag" tape something to the back of the bag tag.