Crossfield

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I dont watch or fo.low Crossfield anymore as his style grates immensely but I do watch some of the others.
I think Pete Finch has got it right. He wants to be able to say that something's not as good as something else without upsetting his paymasters
No matter how impartial you may be, if you're sponsored by a manufacturer, there will always be some scepticism when it comes to talking about clubs.

Would Crossfield really have said that the Titleist ***** was a complete PoS if it was getting shoddy reviews everywhere else?
He says he would but you cant be sure.
Now with Srixon/Cleveland/Xxio you've got potentially the same scenario
It's hard to believe there's no bias towards his sponsor equipment - he's leaving himself open to criticism

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
I dont watch or fo.low Crossfield anymore as his style grates immensely but I do watch some of the others.
I think Pete Finch has got it right. He wants to be able to say that something's not as good as something else without upsetting his paymasters
No matter how impartial you may be, if you're sponsored by a manufacturer, there will always be some scepticism when it comes to talking about clubs.

Would Crossfield really have said that the Titleist ***** was a complete PoS if it was getting shoddy reviews everywhere else?
He says he would but you cant be sure.
Now with Srixon/Cleveland/Xxio you've got potentially the same scenario
It's hard to believe there's no bias towards his sponsor equipment - he's leaving himself open to criticism
Agree with you. At the same time though, I don't blame him for cashing in - I would.

Neeko1988

Visit site
I like and follow Crossfields videos but I just see a lot of comparison videos coming this year that promotes his cheaper price point brands as performing similar to the bigger brands.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I went off him for a while with all his “y’all” and “bro” rubbish along with his overly clipped videos but he seems to have calmed down in the couple of vids I’ve seen as is bask to being watchable.

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That 5 iron thing he has ?

I think i seen a $900 price tag on the xxio driver....

Certainly looks a trade down on his witb

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
Fair play to him. He’s seriously downgraded his clubs, particularly his putter and hybrids but I’d play with Slazenger Big Ezee clubs if they paid me to.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Fair play to him. He’s seriously downgraded his clubs, particularly his putter and hybrids but I’d play with Slazenger Big Ezee clubs if they paid me to.
Not sure the XXIO driver, srixon irons or Cleveland wedges is a step down in all honesty. The putter yes but then again itl do exactly the same job. XXIO is very expensive stuff though and more desirable to some than a generic titleist which can be bought from any golf shop you want.

robbeh32

Visit site
It's not a step down at all. Sooner people realise that these clubs are just a brand the better it is for golf so people don't get ripped off. Those cheap clubs are no worse than his Titlelists.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Until he gets a sponsor.
Does that then mean he will not have freedom.
Anyone that says they are not biased when sponsored is lying.
One thing sponsorship does doe is get them much more access to the company and their pros which is not always a bad thing. It really does depend on your channel though. If your are a product influencer I understand how it could be bad but for me and my golf who concentrate on purely coaching I think it’s been great.

Tiger man

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Wondered why he did the whole Shane Lowry thing and was bigging up that new Cleveland Launcher driver. . . But I do like his stuff but he can't say he is not influenced by his sponsor deals, and why not they are employing him!

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Wondered why he did the whole Shane Lowry thing and was bigging up that new Cleveland Launcher driver. . . But I do like his stuff but he can't say he is not influenced by his sponsor deals, and why not they are employing him!
Same with rick shiels though always banging on about garmin or in your face with other stuff. Even though mark is sponsored I still think his reviews are very fair. hes a bit of a marmite character and that I think is the main issue lots have with him

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I think it'll be interesting to see him come down to using an AD333 and being honest about how they perform. Similarly the putters will be a world away from his Scotty. Don't know too much about his new driver brand but saw the video with it in and he's very excited about it. I am not sure whether he's been impartial when he was signed to Titleist despite whatever he said and doubt he'll be 100% impartial with Srixon

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site

how is srixon a "serious downgrade" from titleist? srixon are massive in the states. srixon clubs can stand amongst them all. especially in the hands of your average hacker