Critique my swing!

jamielaing

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Just for fun and games!

This is me hitting a 3 iron at the range. Accepting all comments good and bad. Taking the Michael also accepted!

[video]https://www.facebook.com/jamieclaing/videos/vb.510060026/10153606000605027/?type=3&theater[/video]

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm guessing the shoes don't help with losing your balance at the end of the swing, but you look a little on your toes at address which wouldn't help balance either.

Arms look like they get a little away from your body on the backswing too, but I might be wrong.

What's your bad shot?

I've definitely seen worse swings from guys where you want your handicap to be. As long as you've got a decent short game I think you'll get there.

jamielaing

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I'm guessing the shoes don't help with losing your balance at the end of the swing, but you look a little on your toes at address which wouldn't help balance either.

Arms look like they get a little away from your body on the backswing too, but I might be wrong.

What's your bad shot?

I've definitely seen worse swings from guys where you want your handicap to be. As long as you've got a decent short game I think you'll get there.

Slippy shoes on- that's my excuse for the balance and I'm sticking to it! Bad shot is a hook with my irons.

Watching it I think I need to stop at the top of my swing.

Weight on the balls of my feet is from advice from a very good player, is this wrong?

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Its obviously a well grooved swing. you have a nice little loop going on. Slightly outside on the way back then dropping it inside. hooks probably come when your timing is a little off and you drop too far inside or turn the head over too much and present the clubface closed.

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
You could do with your back being a bit straighter at address (stick your backside out a bit more), but you almost get into the right position just before starting your back swing. You also look a bit off balance in the follow through. Just watch a few videos of Luke Donald hitting shots and you should get the general idea. Your weight should be neither on your toes or your heels, but somewhere in between, then you should be able to swing through to a balanced finish. :)

ruff-driver

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
These may help with your balance :D

Tarna-clownshoes.jpg

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Weight on the balls of my feet is from advice from a very good player, is this wrong?

Don't ask me what's right and wrong lol, I'll defer to an expert opinion.
It just looked to me like you were a little forward at address.

FWIW, my weight is between the balls of my feet and my heels at address, but I wouldn't like to say if that's right or wrong either! :D

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
If you compare the pictures of you and Luke

Photo0.jpg

Note how Luke has a lot more weight behind his heels whereas most of yours seems to be in your toes
Also see how high your hands are creating an arching of your wrists and almost locking your right elbow.
If you address those 2 issues I think that will help

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Personally you straighten your right knee to much on the back swing which will give you a tilt to the left at the top where the left foot will bear most of your weight. You then compensate for this on the downswing resulting in poor contact on the ball which I can hear. Maintain the flex in your right knee and turn against it and stay centred over the ball at the top.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
A bit unstable, you need to work on your posture and balance.

You are throwing the club from the top(casting) which looks like you are getting out to in and losing power.