Crazy Golf Club Rules

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Any one had any strange rules at their club?

I can think of a few I have come accross (not all at the same club):

1/ No changeing of shoes in the car park (an old favourite). Why? What harm does this do, apart from offend other members by seeing holes socks. We all have feet. What is the issue.

2/ Long white knee length socks with knee length shorts. Might as well wear long trousers.

3/ Trainer socks when worn with shorts, which are invisible when worn, but not allowed no socks. How can you tell?

4/ Allowed in the dining room wearing shorts to order breakfast, and allowed to eat breakfast while standing wearing shorts, but no sitting to eat in the dining room in shorts.

5/ Wearing of 'square cut fashion' shirts untucked in the club house = allowed. Wearing of 'square cut fashion' shirts on course = must be tucked in.

6/ Mock neck shirts = just because Nike call it a golf shirt, and Tiger wears one on the most exclusive golf courses on the planet, doesn't make it a golf shirt = banned.

7/ No practice swings on the tee. Does anybody obey this one?

8/ Allowing 'jean cut' trousers on the course and in the club house, but not jeans. Anyone care to clarify this one?

B

birdieman

8/ Allowing 'jean cut' trousers on the course and in the club house, but not jeans. Anyone care to clarify this one?

Ill have a bash...medium or light blue a no-no, very dark blue or any other colour possible as long as the fabric has no fading or change of colour, no bleach marks, no rips at the knees or 'erse'. They must not drag in the mud at hem or have an outer leg overlapping join - the join must be hidden stitching. No orange/red/yellow thread visible anywhere. Pockets should be like normal trouser pockets i.e. pouchy and not flat against the leg and definitely no 'johnny pocket' on the right hand side!! Definitely no dangling wallet chains for you young hipsters either.
There...clear as! :rolleyes:

pjaz

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Doh! Opened this thinkng it was about rules for Crazy Golf - me and my two boys love a bit of crazy golf, am I allowed to say that on a proper golf forum?? ;)

However, to add to the discussion, my experience of golf rules at Muni's is there are no rules!! Football shirts, football trainers, jeans, sandals etc etc.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
If you think you look good in your attire (or would wear it out anywhere in public), then its not allowed on this course! That would be an easy one to sort out.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
..... at Muni's is there are no rules!! Football shirts, football trainers, jeans, sandals etc etc.

I once played a round with a guy who looked to be wearing a pair of Footjoy Classics on a Muni until he fessed up they were his Dads 'work shoes' ... his explanation was they LOOKED like golf shoes.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
in regard to the rule regarding no practice swings, I do not know anybody who obeys it, not even the club professional at one of the courses I play! I think it is just there to try and prevent people from standing there for 5 minutes 'feeling' their swing and as a result holding up the group behind them.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Re: jean cut: Trousers can be jean cut, ie: external rear pockets, denim, overlapping seams, some? rivets, but not jeans, even if black. Weird.

scooter

Visit site
I think one reason many clubs actually dislike this, is that clubs want to ensure that members actually use the clubhouse nad spend money, rather than shoot off straight after the round. Maybe I'm getting cynical in my old age!!

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Changing shoes....I ignore this EVERYWHERE! Tend to change them secretly in the car, unless I'm planning to use the changing room, which is not very often. Wouldn't actually change them whilst sorting out my clubs from the boot or anything! :)

No practice swings! ha, ha, like I've ever taken any notice. :) Then again, a bit like the shoe lark, wouldn't dare take a divot or anything.

Dave

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
At one club that I have visited, changing shoes in the car park was a serious social faux pas. However the changing rooms are locked and require a combination for which you must beg.

Sod that, I changed mine sitting on the boot of my car, as did several others.

There have been only two periods in my life when I wore long socks with shorts; these were at primary school and as part of naval tropical uniform. It will not happen again as I now class this on a par with the wearing of socks with sandals.

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
No changing shoes in the carpark.

As one who is guilty of this offense I can understand the rule. I think it's more to do with removing the golf shoes then clapping like a lunatic whilst your hands are inside the said shoes. Results in a pile of mulch behind the parking space when you've gone. I'd say it's seen as a way of trying to keep the carpark tidy by banning the practise.

Geoff_Baker

cleekandjigger.com
Changing shoes in the car park.

While I would agree that making a total mess in the car park by cleaning your shoes is certainly part of the reason I would suggest that more likely reasons is that if you are using the locker room then you are likely to be a member since you know the code/have an access card and therefore the pro doesn't have to worry that you are some interloper trying to sneak onto the course without paying. Another good reason would be to have a look at any notices in the locker room as to rules of the day ie placing or a tee closure for a match etc. since not all clubs have these posted by the first tee.

Although as a former committee member at my own club I always found that the best way to keep a secret is to post a notice in the locker room since nobody bothers to read them!