Cracked Ping Driver. - update added 5/8/20

Hendy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
As above very disappointed

Emailed ping tho automated reply and local shop said two year warranty is up so not much can do..

This happen to anyone else before?

Will try add pic here.

Attachments

• IMG-20200623-WA0008.jpeg
    IMG-20200623-WA0008.jpeg
    756 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
At the beginning of the year Ping were happy to replace the missing weights on my i25 irons that are about 5 years old.
Surprised that they would not help with this.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Shelf life ... designed redundancy. One of those things, take it on the chin and buy a new driver.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I would be on the phone to Ping first thing in the morning and explain the situation.
01427 615405
A broken/cracked shaft is one thing, a crack in the head is another.
I would be amazed if they dont sort something out for you.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If no joy from Ping have a look on eBay for just a head to fit your shaft.
Cheaper than a driver.
G400 max is a beast if you can get one.

Reactions: Doh

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Every time I have heard of a problem with a Ping club , I have only heard great things about their customer service.
Personally, I had a Ping driver weighting screw go inside the head. My pro shop called Ping while I had a cup of tea and they said they would replace the club FOC. It was outside warranty too.

Hendy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I sent a email along with a pic of the damage. And that's the reply

the damage starts at the bottom of the face

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-07-05-14-55-10-005.jpeg
    Screenshot_2020-07-05-14-55-10-005.jpeg
    304.4 KB · Views: 121

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
From the Ping website........

Warranty
  • Are my PING clubs still under warranty?
    At PING, we stand behind the workmanship and the materials involved in the manufacturing and production of our equipment and accessories. Our current policies protect your purchase from defect and are evaluated on an as needed basis. If you have any questions regarding our policies that protect your PING investment please feel free to call +44 (0) 1427 - 615405 and we would be happy to discuss your situation and provide the options that may be available.

https://eu.ping.com/en-gb/customer-service/frequently-asked-questions

Hendy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I got the driver in 2016 I have the receipt and all here. Was told by local golf store it's over two years and not anything they can do. So that's when I sent the email.

Yous think worth calling them still?

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Yes, worth calling them. Tell them the retailer does not seem interested in helping you.
They might then arrange to deal with you directly.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
At the beginning of the year Ping were happy to replace the missing weights on my i25 irons that are about 5 years old.
Surprised that they would not help with this.
That's because it's a known fault with those and the i20's

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Definitely worth a call although in some cases Ping will ask it is returned through your pro. If he's washing his hands that may be an issue. That said I think Ping will see you right. They were good when I lost weights from my I25's and they were well out of warranty

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I can't see how anyone can expect Ping to hold any responsibility for a 4 year old club that's damaged on the sole ?‍♂️

It's 4 years old, they give a 2 year warranty, it seems pretty obvious it's out of any reasonable warranty.

Agreed but they also have a reputation for excellent customer service. Surely it has to be worth asking Ping the question on the off chance that they can help before shelling out on a new/second hand driver. They had no obligation to me for my I25 weights but sorted it with minimal fuss and bother

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
You mean ask them AGAIN?
And then follow their advice and ask the retailer AGAIN?

He's done that. The answer is very clear, there is a 2 year warranty it's 4 years old.

Sigh

Others agree that giving them a call in person may give the OP a better result but you choose to argue the toss because I agree with them. A lot of customer service issues (outside of golf as well) get resolved with a simple call. I'm with the majority and still think it's worth a call at the least before forking out. You disagree. I'm out

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Goods should last a reasonable amount of time and that is why Ping will probably look after you.

This.

Warranties are largely not worth the paper they are written on.

Everything you buy has a reasonable life expectancy. You wouldn't accept a retailer telling you there was nothing they could do about your telly that had blown up shortly after it's 1 year warranty had expired would you?

No. Because you reasonably expect a telly to work for longer than a year.

Too often retailers use warranties as an excuse to not follow up the "complaints" of their customers. Sometimes it's because they are lazy and just want to hide behind the manufacturers warranty.

Ring Ping. Tell them the retailer has chosen not to assist you with your problem. Ping will either help you or side with the retailer.

I've heard of many examples of Ping helping customers with old products irrespective of the existence of any warranty.