New Golf Experience For me...

craigstardis1976

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi People:

I just moved from Colorado to Arizona, about 700 miles and two totally different climates. From the green rocky mountains 6000 feet above sea level to golf in a desert basin.

Tomorrow will be my first experience of desert golf among the cactus and desert fauna. Should be a high of around 102 degrees and I am really looking forward to it.

http://www.bearcreekaz.com - is where I will be playing tomorrow.

Alas, I did not have room for the clubs in my move but Phoenix is full of used equipment stores and now I have a place to stay and a pay cheque every week, I went to the local golf store today and picked up the following equipment:

Ping G10 12 Degree Driver: $45
Adams GT3 21 Degree Wood: $9
Adams Idea Irons: 4 Hybrid and 5-PW: $54
Titleist Vokey Raw Steel 52 Degrees: $8
Cleveland 691 58 Degree: $8
Ping Putter: $25
Ping Hoofer2: $25

Add a few new grips on the clubs and I am less than $200 out for a twelve club set with room to add an extra fairway wood if I find one that fits my needs!

If anyone is interested I will try to post pics.

Cheers,

Craig.

LanDog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
From what I've heard Arizona has a lot of good courses but not much water! So it would be a very different experience from what you're used to condition wise which is no bad thing, golf doesn't have to be green and the desert waste areas will be an interesting challenge.

The main issue I'd have would be the heat, which could make it tough/impossible to walk in.

I've seen pictures of what the desert landscape can do to clubs so it is probably better to not break the bank for the newest of the new!

You've picked up some great bargains there as well, best of luck with it all!