Cracked Ping Driver. - update added 5/8/20

Hendy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I wonder why Ping insist a retailer sends it back and not just accept it from the owner.?
If AG won’t send it back you need to find another who will.
Bit of a strange policy imo.
If your local AG says they need an email, Ping won’t send one And the next retailer is miles away.
They swapped the head so a result ,but a bit around the houses policy for me.

The guy on the phone at ping says they don't deal with the public. Basically they pay retailers to act on their behalf.

I know the pro told me he phoned ping I guess with his account number and then they arranged a pick up for the club.

And basically the agreement with the pro was whatever charges ping had for the repair/replacement I would cover.

This is why he got debited for 194 and then it was credited back on again.

Maybe if AG had said look we will send this to ping but its upto you to pay for it then that been fair enough I guess..

Tbh I get AGs point of view on it. But after the service I got from my pro I can't see me buying from American golf again unless it's a really really good deal.

On a side note I ordered couple of tops with them one of which didn't fit. So ended up having to pay to return it to them. Again other companies offer free returns on items. So again on that front I won't be buying any more tops from them. Only small things buts it's the small things that count at the end of day.

Hendy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I think that's too simple. And you assume ping will take back anything

That means the returns policy is that a customer can walk in with a 4,5 even 10, 15 year old club with any fault or damage and AG are obliged to take it (and are then responsible for it while it's in their care, or they end up with replacing) until such time they can contact ping (Inc weekends) who 'might' authorise a particular relic to be returned years outside warranty... And what happens if ping say 'no that club isn't coming back its too old etc'?

AG are then left to contact the customer and safely store the club until the customer sees fit to collect (if they ever do) or dispose of it if they don't

All of which will be avoided if only ping hadn't fobbed the customer off with a generic template email reply and punted the effort onto AG while slagging them off to the customer

Top customer service right enough ??

I don't think they would do anything if I phoned about a ping G20 or g5 driver. Fact thinking about it the guy asked me the model I had and not when I got it.

He said with it being a ping g we would definitely have a look at it. He didn't say about replacement or anything like that just that they would look at it.

When I explained that to the pro he said they might not do anything and I would possibly end up paying postage costs. (Which I was happy to do either way)

So at the point the pro phoned ping and am sure they took details of the damage and the model of driver and serial number. And at this point, ping could have said its out of warranty we won't take it..

But fact that they didn't means they must stand over their products outside of a standard 1/2 year warranty.

And as stated on the site
At PING, we stand behind the workmanship and the materials involved in the manufacturing and production of our equipment and accessories. Our current policies protect your purchase from defect and are evaluated on an as needed basis. If you have any questions regarding our policies that protect your PING investment please feel free to call (800) 474-6434 and we would be happy to discuss your situation and provide the options that may be available.

Could easily add to the bottom of that. This is subject to a standard 2 year warranty. Means then someone like myself with a driver 3 models old wouldn't even ring them.

It was that statement above that made me ring them. As AG just shot me down right off the bat lol. Then after me ringing ping for the second time still unwilling to help.

Everyone has their on view on it but for me fact that AG only needed to make a 2min call and didnt means all they are interested in is sell sell sell and forget customer service. The sports direct of golf retail.

Thanked the pro yesterday again for the help on the matter and you know the few quid I put aside to try get a new driver I will just take to him now and replace my rbz 3 wood. What goes around comes around. It's no wonder AG are in trouble.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I don't think they would do anything if I phoned about a ping G20 or g5 driver. Fact thinking about it the guy asked me the model I had and not when I got it.

He said with it being a ping g we would definitely have a look at it. He didn't say about replacement or anything like that just that they would look at it.

When I explained that to the pro he said they might not do anything and I would possibly end up paying postage costs. (Which I was happy to do either way)

So at the point the pro phoned ping and am sure they took details of the damage and the model of driver and serial number. And at this point, ping could have said its out of warranty we won't take it..

But fact that they didn't means they must stand over their products outside of a standard 1/2 year warranty.

At PING, we stand behind the workmanship and the materials involved in the manufacturing and production of our equipment and accessories. Our current policies protect your purchase from defect and are evaluated on an as needed basis. If you have any questions regarding our policies that protect your PING investment please feel free to call (800) 474-6434 and we would be happy to discuss your situation and provide the options that may be available.

Could easily add to the bottom of that. This is subject to a standard 2 year warranty. Means then someone like myself with a driver 3 models old wouldn't even ring them.

It was that statement above that made me ring them. As AG just shot me down right off the bat lol. Then after me ringing ping for the second time still unwilling to help.

Everyone has their on view on it but for me fact that AG only needed to make a 2min call and didnt means all they are interested in is sell sell sell and forget customer service. The sports direct of golf retail.

Thanked the pro yesterday again for the help on the matter and you know the few quid I put aside to try get a new driver I will just take to him now and replace my rbz 3 wood. What goes around comes around. It's no wonder AG are in trouble.

See post no.11 :whistle:

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Why don't Ping change their warranty period to 4 or 5 years? Everyone knows they will generally help out beyond the standard 2 year warranty period, so why not make it official?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site

This is good service then:

‘we don’t deal with the public that’s what we pay retailers for’ (Charming!)
Generic/templated impersonal brush off email, Won’t even address you by name, Faceless big business
Refuse to talk to retailer about exceptional case (so they don’t talk to the public and they don’t talk to retailers; faceless)
Throw money at the issue just to make it go away (buying the goodwill, anyone with enough bucks can buy-off their complaints)

Just because you got new gear does not mean it was good customer service. It was terrible service... but a good result for you (y)

Hendy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Why don't Ping change their warranty period to 4 or 5 years? Everyone knows they will generally help out beyond the standard 2 year warranty period, so why not make it official?

I think it's based on a case by case basis. My driver as a example wasn't heavily used. Maybe the sole was baldy worn then in that case they wouldn't do anything. Remember they used they would only look at it to start with.

Hendy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
This is good service then:

‘we don’t deal with the public that’s what we pay retailers for’ (Charming!)
Generic/templated impersonal brush off email, Won’t even address you by name, Faceless big business
Refuse to talk to retailer about exceptional case (so they don’t talk to the public and they don’t talk to retailers; faceless)
Throw money at the issue just to make it go away (buying the goodwill, anyone with enough bucks can buy-off their complaints)

Just because you got new gear does not mean it was good customer service. It was terrible service... but a good result for you (y)

Fair point

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think it's based on a case by case basis. My driver as a example wasn't heavily used. Maybe the sole was baldy worn then in that case they wouldn't do anything. Remember they used they would only look at it to start with.

In every case I've heard of over the last 7 years since I've been back playing, Ping have always replaced the club in similar circumstances, so how used the club is doesn't seem to be an issue.

Hence my previous comment.