Covid-19, top courses must be empty?

www.hiltonpark.net
Supply and demand. I wouldn't pay it, but unfortunately for me, a bucket load of tourists would...

Do they offer local residents rates?
They do but its still bloody eye watering at half price. I first played it 4 or 5 years ago and at half price it was around £80, last October we played and it cost me £140, that will be the last time for me.
It is my favourite course though, I love it

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
It's still business as usual at the moment but they do expect the Hotel to get hit quite hard over the next few months.

i'd imagine most places esp the top course will be the same, lets not forget some are members courses who's rates would have been set by comtte and ratified by AGM

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
How about ordinary courses? imagine if we get movement restrictions similar to Spain what will happen to members courses. At my club membership runs april to april so next month people will be expected to pay membership fees, will people be put off by Covid and the risk of not being able to play. It could put a big dstrain on club finances.
Just things going though me head..

Springveldt

Visit site
How about ordinary courses? imagine if we get movement restrictions similar to Spain what will happen to members courses. At my club membership runs april to april so next month people will be expected to pay membership fees, will people be put off by Covid and the risk of not being able to play. It could put a big dstrain on club finances.
Just things going though me head..
Good point. I’ve not paid my subs for next year yet, I need to pay by the end of this month. I got told on Friday that I’ve to work from home now for 3 weeks (as did everyone else that can remote work) so I guess the shutdown is starting.
If the club gets shutdown before the end of the month and it seems like it may run into May I’m beginning to wonder if I should pay the subs now. Take into account how long the course has been shut over the winter as well, it would be like paying for 6 months worth of golf that had been unusable.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
£312? Even if it was the best course in the world I wouldn’t pay that.
Ridiculous price.
To Americans, that's probably about average for a top course. Isn't Pebble now about $500+? The Old Course could charge a lot more if they wanted with all the Americans they get there.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
got a big comp at gleneagles mid May. I'll be gutted if it gets cancelled. going in the ballot for St Andrews while I'm up there too. might even get on with the absence of all the yanks

D

Deleted member 17920

got a big comp at gleneagles mid May. I'll be gutted if it gets cancelled. going in the ballot for St Andrews while I'm up there too. might even get on with the absence of all the yanks
I reckon you will have a very good chance if the yanks stay away.

I think the top Irish and Scottish courses are going to take a pasting this year if the tourists have to stay away.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Just heard something from my mate who’s a member at Wilmsow GC.

They have taken an unprecedented step in the fight against covid 19.

To prevent members coming into close proximity in the changing room.

They are actually allowing golfers to change shoes in the car park.
?

Progress is being made ?
Terrible. Better to let them get infected than change their shoes in the car park!