Courses with campsites right next-door

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Might be worth google mapping clubhouses on the coast to see how big their car parks are. You might be able to stay in there with a polite ask.

evemccc

Visit site
I've thought I'd like a trip round the Highlands in a camper, playing the courses, eating in the clubhouse and parking in their car park overnight!

I wonder if they'd allow it?

Brora and Golspie probably would, Dornoch I strongly expect wouldn’t

However I believe places to stay in a camper-van are ten-a-penny in the Highlands, and I think tourism is not a small part of the local economy

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I've thought I'd like a trip round the Highlands in a camper, playing the courses, eating in the clubhouse and parking in their car park overnight!

I wonder if they'd allow it?
With some meticulous planning I think it could be achievable.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Isn't Wild Camping permitted pretty much anywhere in Scotland as long as you're not on enclosed land? Even if you couldn't camp in the car park of the club, you'd be able to park up reasonab8ly close by.

Hogieefc

Club Champion
Visit site
Anglesey golf club has 2 sites within a 2/3 minute walk, Shoreside and TY Hen, we have a static on Ty Hen and i have been a 2nd club member at Anglesey for the past 3 years.

Beach is a 10 minute walk and she can also watch the RAF planes practicing at Valley ;)

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Isn't Wild Camping permitted pretty much anywhere in Scotland as long as you're not on enclosed land? Even if you couldn't camp in the car park of the club, you'd be able to park up reasonab8ly close by.
Nope, camping is allowed in tents, campervans and motorhomes are not part of the right to camp and maybe moved on, though as long as you are discreet and stay for the night you are unlikely to be bothered in most places.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There is also Far Grange in Atwick which is about 5 miles north of Hornsea. No idea what the course is like now as it must be at least 30 years since I played there.