Forest Pines
Hankley Common
Tanridge
The Addington
Sunningdale old
Sunningdale New
Amendoeira Golf - Faldo
Amendoeira Golf - O’Connor

Had a good run this year. Sunningdale Old was definitely my favourite. Honourable mentions to Hankley, Hotchkin and Faldo course.

Visit site
Courses played:
Woodhall Spa (Hotchkin)
Radcliffe on Trent
Settle
Shipley
Skipton
Moortown
Oakdale
Hollins Hall
Ilkley
Parador
Mijas Lagos
Santana
El Chaparral
Lauro
Miraflores
Marbella Resort
Dunbar
North Berwick
Gullane 2
Craigielaw
Kilspindie
Clitheroe
Middlesbrough
Otley
Ballachulish (Dragon's Tooth)
Masham
Pannal
Looks like too much free time to me! Best course: Tie between Dunbar, Pannal, Woodhall Spa, Santana and Craigielaw.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bushey Hall (now closed)
Haste Hill
Wycombe Heights
Ruislip (now closed)
Aldenham
Grims Dyke
West Middlesex
Radlett Park
Nine of Herts
North Middlesex
Thorney Park
Wexham Park
Richings Park
Rickmansworth
Huntswood
Stanmore
Hazlemere
Shendish Manor
Northwood
Uxbridge
Trent Park
Stockley Park

Ones in italics are the ones that I had never played before. The best was probably Hazlemere, really liked the course and the clubhouse there.

sunshine

Visit site
Bushey Hall (now closed)
Haste Hill
Wycombe Heights
Ruislip (now closed)
Aldenham
Grims Dyke
West Middlesex
Radlett Park
Nine of Herts
North Middlesex
Thorney Park
Wexham Park
Richings Park
Rickmansworth
Huntswood
Stanmore
Hazlemere
Shendish Manor
Northwood
Uxbridge
Trent Park
Stockley Park

Ones in italics are the ones that I had never played before. The best was probably Hazlemere, really liked the course and the clubhouse there.

How many of those do you expect you will go back to next year?

I would suggest you try Pinner Hill, West Herts, Mill Hill next year. All are in your area and within your budget. If you want to treat yourself (or find a twilight deal) then try Sandy Lodge or Moor Park.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

I would suggest you try Pinner Hill, West Herts, Mill Hill next year. All are in your area and within your budget. If you want to treat yourself (or find a twilight deal) then try Sandy Lodge or Moor Park.
I've played Pinner Hill a few times but not this year, not really a fan. I thought West Herts was expensive for some reason, but that has been on our list to try at some point. Would love to play Moor Park, had my wedding there but never played it haha. I doubt it will ever be cheap enough. :ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 17920

I've played Pinner Hill a few times but not this year, not really a fan. I thought West Herts was expensive for some reason, but that has been on our list to try at some point. Would love to play Moor Park, had my wedding there but never played it haha. I doubt it will ever be cheap enough. :ROFLMAO:
Try to see if they do a twilight rate that fits in your budget.

That’s probably your best option.

sunshine

Visit site
Am sure I paid £25 at west Herts this summer for a twilight round.

If you're a member at haste hill you should have a county card as well.

paddy78

Visit site
Played a few of the big name courses here in Ireland. They, as you would expect, are exceptional. For pure golf enjoyment I think Mount Juliet in Kilkenny was my favourite. In the British Isles we are spoilt with links courses but Lahinch where the Irish open was played is spectacular.

Special mention to a lesser known course in Monaghan. Concra Wood is an amazing track. Super golf holes shaped around a lake. I would recommend it to anyone visiting Ireland.

D

Deleted member 25172

As a member of Mill Hill I'm always curious what other think of it. How did you find the course? Yes yes, I know, the walk from the club house/car park to the course is not ideal, to say the least. That's nothing to do with the course itself obviously, but that tends to come up anyway I've noticed. :)

Unfortunately, it's a real bog now as we're clay based, and doesn't help that some pri**s decided to have a run with their cross bikes on a few of the greens and fairways last weekend.

D

Deleted member 23270

12 new courses this year and return visits to 17 others. Strange as it feels like I haven't played much golf this year :unsure:

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
It was a quiet year for me looking at the courses some of you played. I did get some nice ones in though...

The Addington
Sunningdale (Old and New)
Tandridge
Hankley Common
Burnham & Berrow
Saunton (West)
Foxhills (Longcross)
Antiquerra
Woodbury Park

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Courses played:
Woodhall Spa (Hotchkin)
Radcliffe on Trent
Settle
Shipley
Skipton
Moortown
Oakdale
Hollins Hall
Ilkley
Parador
Mijas Lagos
Santana
El Chaparral
Lauro
Miraflores
Marbella Resort
Dunbar
North Berwick
Gullane 2
Craigielaw
Kilspindie
Clitheroe
Middlesbrough
Otley
Ballachulish (Dragon's Tooth)
Masham
Pannal
Looks like too much free time to me! Best course: Tie between Dunbar, Pannal, Woodhall Spa, Santana and Craigielaw.
i thought that had closed

sunshine

Visit site
As a member of Mill Hill I'm always curious what other think of it. How did you find the course? Yes yes, I know, the walk from the club house/car park to the course is not ideal, to say the least. That's nothing to do with the course itself obviously, but that tends to come up anyway I've noticed. :)

Unfortunately, it's a real bog now as we're clay based, and doesn't help that some pri**s decided to have a run with their cross bikes on a few of the greens and fairways last weekend.

Honest view on Mill Hill:
Has some really interesting holes and a good mix of tough holes and less challenging ones. I like the short par 4's at 3 and 14 which make you think, and then there is a contrast with longer holes like 15. 16 is one of the toughest par 3s I've ever played, I've never hit the green in regulation (although I've made my par the last two times I've been there!).
There are some weak holes like 4 and 7, which are a bit awkward and feel like they were fitted into the space as an after-thought.
I only play it in summer when it is in good condition, and I've probably played it a dozen times in the last ten years.
I've heard it gets really really wet, in fact I've seen videos of the course under water (literally) when others in the area were open. For that reason I couldn't be a member there as you are not getting 12 months golf.
I like the tranquil escape of a golf course. Having the M1 along one side of the course and the A1 on the other side in between the course and the clubhouse doesn't really deliver this.
It must be hugely frustrating to have pikeys living at the far end who frequently vandalise the course.

Overall, it's an average private golf club. Locally I'd put it in the same league as Hendon and Stanmore. That's not a criticism or euphemism, it's clearly better than most of the courses that Orikoru has been playing, but not in the same league as nearby courses like South Herts, Porters Park, Hadley Wood.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Someone did the same at our place (brickendon) last weekend. I wonder if they were related. Not that far apart. Luckily damage was to a few mounds around the greens. It could definitely have been worse if they'd made an effort.
I've played mill hill, and thought it was a decent track. Didn't mind crossing the road, but there was a bit too much traffic noise all round if I was being picky. Definitely worth playing. Was in nbetter condition than Hendon and seemed a 'bigger' course.

D

Deleted member 25172

Honest view on Mill Hill:
Has some really interesting holes and a good mix of tough holes and less challenging ones. I like the short par 4's at 3 and 14 which make you think, and then there is a contrast with longer holes like 15. 16 is one of the toughest par 3s I've ever played, I've never hit the green in regulation (although I've made my par the last two times I've been there!).
There are some weak holes like 4 and 7, which are a bit awkward and feel like they were fitted into the space as an after-thought.
I only play it in summer when it is in good condition, and I've probably played it a dozen times in the last ten years.
I've heard it gets really really wet, in fact I've seen videos of the course under water (literally) when others in the area were open. For that reason I couldn't be a member there as you are not getting 12 months golf.
I like the tranquil escape of a golf course. Having the M1 along one side of the course and the A1 on the other side in between the course and the clubhouse doesn't really deliver this.
It must be hugely frustrating to have pikeys living at the far end who frequently vandalise the course.

Overall, it's an average private golf club. Locally I'd put it in the same league as Hendon and Stanmore. That's not a criticism or euphemism, it's clearly better than most of the courses that Orikoru has been playing, but not in the same league as nearby courses like South Herts, Porters Park, Hadley Wood.

That’s som write up there! :)

Yes, it does get very very wet unfortunately. I’ve seen the clip as well when it’s literally under water, but have only been a member for just over a year so hopefully that won’t happen again, but with this weather it won’t be far off though.

I actually quite like 4 and 7, especially 7, even though my hit rate for the ditch running along the right hand side is probably close to 50%...
16 is indeed hard. Actually, I hate it. I must’ve played the course now around 50-60 times and can honestly say that I haven’t even been on the green in regulation more than a handful of times. I’d put 18 as the weakest, or least interesting hole.

I’ve gotten used to the noice now from the roads around, but I can see why it’s so off putting for a lot of people, and add up the walk to get to the course, yeah, not great.

For me, it would be much more convenient to have joined North Middlesex, but I really don’t rate it at all and South Herts is even closer to me but it’s a tad too expensive for me.