Courses played this year

• Thread starter Deleted member 21258
  • Start date

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
no more of how id get involved I'll check that site out and go from there, it's a good way of playing other courses is my thinking
It is a great way, at a much reduced price. Ideally you would play them with a mate or with 3 mates but that is not essential. If you do it that way you control who you play with. I tend to play 4BBB ones as I play for fun largely and it is a nice way to play them. The website will show you each format, cost etc so you can choose from there.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
It is a great way, at a much reduced price. Ideally you would play them with a mate or with 3 mates but that is not essential. If you do it that way you control who you play with. I tend to play 4BBB ones as I play for fun largely and it is a nice way to play them. The website will show you each format, cost etc so you can choose from there.
SGU opens on the whole will be indevidual Strokeplay comps, can't ever remember seeing too many 4BBB in Scotland

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
That's my thinking, none of my mates really play that much theses days with family ect trying to get them out on a sunday is even a hard sell never mind a comp miles away

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
SGU opens on the whole will be indevidual Strokeplay comps, can't ever remember seeing too many 4BBB in Scotland
Ah, fair enough. I only have experience in England, apologies casuk. Head South :D.

We have a good mixture in the north of England but most clubs will have 1 4BBB at the beginning of the season, around May, and 1 at the end, around September. The will have mixed, endless Seniors 4BBB and the odd individual one thrown in as well. Individual strokeplay is not that common in the NE of England and N.Yorks, where I look and play. There may be some but it is not the standard I would say.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
That's my thinking, none of my mates really play that much theses days with family ect trying to get them out on a sunday is even a hard sell never mind a comp miles away
Perhaps pick a few that you fancy and then put it up in the Arrange a Game section to see if others from here want to play as well. You are only looking for 1 extra to play, 3 at most (more can obviously but you see what I mean). You may then get people from outside the area who fancy that course as well. I've done that in the past and now for next year I am already set up for 2 opens with others from the forum.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Perhaps pick a few that you fancy and then put it up in the Arrange a Game section to see if others from here want to play as well. You are only looking for 1 extra to play, 3 at most (more can obviously but you see what I mean). You may then get people from outside the area who fancy that course as well. I've done that in the past and now for next year I am already set up for 2 opens with others from the forum.
That's a good idea I minght actually do that, theres a good amount of us Scots on here so would no doubt find someone, cheers

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
again as Idividual Stroke Play these will be drawn comps, so little chance of playing with your mates i'd suspect, would inevitably mean one of you hanging around waiting

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm used to playing with people I dont know so that's not an issue for me going to meets and stuff like that gets you use to it I guess,