Courses played this year

• Thread starter Deleted member 21258
  • Start date

briannn

Hacker
Visit site
Belleisle, troon Fullerton, port Bannatyne, Carradale, dunaverty, machrie, mach dunes, Turnberry Robert the Bruce, Girvan, murrayshal Lynedoch, crow wood, harburn and Kinghorn.
Got a day out at craigielaw in the Christmas break coming up.

The machrie was defo my favourite loved every bit of it. I had the course to myself and came so close to an Eagle.

I also got my first Eagle in April then a week later got my first hole in one.

Buzzing for craigielaw I've not played since September due to a hand injury.

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
4 new courses for me this year.

(UK)
Shirehampton
Filton

(Portugal)
San Lorenzo
Salgados

Favourite was Salgados. Fun course in good condition and very good vfm.

Most disappointing was San Lorenzo. Some good holes, some not so. Condition was bit iffy, and definitely not worth the extravagant cost.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
It’s not until I’ve written this list I realise the quality of courses I’ve played!

I don’t really do courses outside the top 100 by the looks of things ?

New courses were -
Seacroft
Ashridge
Seaton Carew
Silloth on solway
Moor Park
Centurion
Princes
Royal Cinque Ports
Parkstone

Other courses include

West Sussex
Sunningdale x 2
Burnham and Berrow
Bath
Hindhead
Hayling
Woodhall Spa
The Players
Goodwood Downs
Waterlooville

Wolf

Visit site
Have you thought about getting some therapeutic help? The Bracken is mickey mouse at best.
I can see why someone would prefer the Bracken especially if not an overly competent golfer. Its more forgiving for a start and is something you can play without getting beaten up on. The Hotchkin is obviously the more aesthetically pleasing course and more challenging, but im not a fan of the sand in the bunkers especially as it is literally builders sand as told to me by the head green keeper so when its wet its like playing out of mud, which is the only thing that let's it down.

But for me my own vote of favourite course this year is Woburn, had stunning weather, the course was in superb condition, got to play with fellow forumers and Andy of me and my golf, plus the whole day was free?

HarrogateHacker

Visit site
Just getting back into golf this year but got a few new courses in. Hoping to add a couple more before year end

Scarcroft
WS Bracken
WS Hotchkin
Grange Over Sands

Hotchkin the best course of these but really enjoyed Bracken and Scarcroft both a bit more forgiving

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sadly only 3 of my bucket list this year :cry:, 1- Trump Turnberry Ailsa , 2- Castle Stuart ,3- Old Prestwick .
IMHO , of the 3
The Ailsa course is a great course and a must for real golfers [ :cry: white tees were too difficult for me even without a wind] worth the £120 for coffee roll , 2 course lunch and 18 hole stableford qualifier from Golf Scotland . But £10 for a coke and a pint in the clubhouse no thanks,even though it looked nice I'm glad we didn't go into the lighthouse for a meal.:p
Castle Stuart was a pleasure to play considering the travel involved and my limited ability from the middle tees [ now 18 h/c ].
Most bunkers were almost out of my range :p not near as difficult as Ailsa or Prestwick.
But at £65 through SG, I'd love to go back.(y)

Prestwick, a true links course, a rough diamond with a few blind holes [ we got lost twice lol] greens were excellent for November, fairways were excellent but unfortunately mats had to be used IF on the fairway [ didn't affect some of us lol ] or drop in the semi rough.
I found it tough especially the bunkers and the undulations on the greens when i eventually got on them.
Just a pity the kitchen and bar were closed on the Monday of our SG lucky draw visit:censored:

Still on the list- Trump Aberdeen, Machrahanish, Suningdale old and young :LOL:, Hillside, + all the Royals ;)

Last edited:

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Apart from my usual round, I played only 2 new ones this year.
Harvington (near Evesham). Good for practice is best I can say.
Ingon Manor (near Stratford upon Avon) and now called Stratford Park has some testing holes and hope to play there again.

D

Deleted member 17920

Played a few courses this year.

It’s been another average year ?

Hotchkin a gazillion times
New course St Andrews
Burnham & Berrow
Saunton East
Saunton West
Royal Birkdale
Royal Liverpool
The Nottinghamshire
Stanton on the Wolds
Market Rasen
Forest Pines
St George’s Hill all 3 loops
The Addington
Sunningdale new
Sunningdale old
Coxmoor
Walton Heath new
The Leicestershire
Worplesdon
Royal Aberdeen
Trump Aberdeen
Edzell
Royal Troon
Brocket Hall Palmerston
Tandridge
Hankley twice
Greetham Valley both courses
Then the final away course this year (so far ?) Alwoodley

Hard to stick a firm favourite on it as all have been excellent. I haven’t played a bad course this year. Royal Troon was way better 2nd time around and Royal Birkdale gets better and better and the more I chomp round it the more I appreciate how good a good course it is.

And the greens at Stanton on the wolds are just the best by a country mile. They deserve a special mention.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Played a few courses this year.

It’s been another average year ?

Hotchkin a gazillion times
New course St Andrews
Burnham & Berrow
Saunton East
Saunton West
Royal Birkdale
Royal Liverpool
The Nottinghamshire
Stanton on the Wolds
Market Rasen
Forest Pines
St George’s Hill all 3 loops
The Addington
Sunningdale new
Sunningdale old
Coxmoor
Walton Heath new
The Leicestershire
Worplesdon
Royal Aberdeen
Trump Aberdeen
Edzell
Royal Troon
Brocket Hall Palmerston
Tandridge
Hankley twice
Greetham Valley both courses
Then the final away course this year (so far ?) Alwoodley

Hard to stick a firm favourite on it as all have been excellent. I haven’t played a bad course this year. Royal Troon was way better 2nd time around and Royal Birkdale gets better and better and the more I chomp round it the more I appreciate how good a good course it is.

And the greens at Stanton on the wolds are just the best by a country mile. They deserve a special mention.

Royal Troon is seriously underrated for some reason it's a tremendous test and layout.

D

Deleted member 1147

Christ almighty, you boys have played more rounds away from home than I’ve managed at Kedleston ☹️