Courses near Harrogate

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
My father in law lives up in Harrogate and we visit a few times a year.
I will have an official handicap again soon and looking to play a few opens, so I’m thinking of tying in a visit with a golf day at a decent course.
If anyone has any recommendations of decent courses around the area I’d be grateful to hear them.
Cheers
Ade

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Oakdale is lovely.

Knaresbrough a real pleasure, the whole set up.

Pannal is quality, not snooty quality, just a very fine course, welcome etc

All 3 of the above I would recommend without blinking. Harrogate is okay but would easily come 4th out of those 4 courses.

Make use of your FiL location and get to play all of these at some point (y)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
A few miles south is north Leeds and there are some cracking courses. Alwoodley, Moortown, Sand Moor and Moor Allerton are all worth a visit
You are showing off now :D. The area around Harrogate and Leeds is fabulous for golf courses. I have done quite a few weekends away in the past playing in that area, 1 1/2 - 2 hours away so ideal, and the options were always great, we were never let down.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks guys for the recommendations 👍🏻
Just a few observations. Moor Allerton is hard work physically and at this time of year can be be very soggy. Alwoodley is the most expensive but pretty easy to get times and is probably the driest. Can be a bit stuffy but one of the best four or five courses in Yorkshire.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Harrogate is a really nice course, played it last year and it was immacualte.

Knaresborough is one of my favourites in the area.

Pannal is ok, wasn't massively impressed but would be interested in playing it again.

Rudding is marmite is seems - I really like it, like it more every time I play it.

Sand Moor is 10/15 minutes drive away from Harrogate and in the same area as Alwoodley/Moor Allerton/Moortown and all are very nice courses indeed.

Try Leeds GC (Wike Ridge) too - played it this summer and on a par with Harrogate and Knaresborough.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Harrogate is a really nice course, played it last year and it was immacualte.

Knaresborough is one of my favourites in the area.

Pannal is ok, wasn't massively impressed but would be interested in playing it again.

Rudding is marmite is seems - I really like it, like it more every time I play it.

Sand Moor is 10/15 minutes drive away from Harrogate and in the same area as Alwoodley/Moor Allerton/Moortown and all are very nice courses indeed.

Try Leeds GC (Wike Ridge) too - played it this summer and on a par with Harrogate and Knaresborough.
Good shout Paul :) especially the latter for Sat & Sun access.
Would also add Scarcroft (getting soggier from now on) & Headingley.. 3rd best track in the Leeds area with full greens & tees through the winter.
Oh yes between Harrogate & N Leeds there are close on 20 Clubs well worth a visit, especially in Opens