Course still closed :-(

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not re-opening until Monday at the earliest so that will be a full week of drought-induced closure :(

Had an away day ay Mowsbury on Wednesday - £17 for 18 holes, fish and chips and a pint :thup:

Played The Woodside at Belton Woods today (cheers for the voucher Fundy) and amazingly dry on the fairways and greens considering the swamp-like conditions in much of the rough. A sandwich and a pint afterwards was £25!!

Wondering whether finding another course open to play is just being greedy!

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
a pint of what... Vodka?

thats pretty steep. My course has been closed since last weekend, hoping with a couple of dry days it will be open for Sundays medal

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
my place has been shut for a week, and I doubt it will be open until Wednesday unless we get more rain. Not brilliant, but I'll put up with it because the course needed water, and this last deluge should make the conditions nigh on perfect in time for our members open at the end of the month

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
feel sorry for you folks. dry as a bone here. fairways rock and greens firm. could do with it raining a bit. only problem is its been very windy here for the last 2 weeks. same direction too. makes the par 5 second very tough!

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
2 sarnies and 2 drinks for £25!!!! How much were the sarnies each?

Too much! Posh plates and a little bowl of posh crisps on each plate so guess that explains the cost :rolleyes:

David made me sort the bill out as my only tip was "don't charge so much" and he'd feel obliged to give them even more of our hard earned!

Edit - clean forgot the little bowl of posh salad leaves which went untouched!

In_The_Rough

Tour Winner
Visit site
Too much! Posh plates and a little bowl of posh crisps on each plate so guess that explains the cost :rolleyes:

David made me sort the bill out as my only tip was "don't charge so much" and he'd feel obliged to give them even more of our hard earned!

Edit - clean forgot the little bowl of posh salad leaves which went untouched!

They dont deserve to sell any if you ask me. 2 sarnies and 2 drinks should not be anymore than £12 IMO

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Sorry to hear that Amanda. My place was running nicely on Wednesday, as every off line drive ran straight into the trees.:( Advantage of a heathland course, although you do have to put up with heather.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Glad you got to use the voucher Amanda

Im told our course is re-opening tomorrow, was prob ok today but they decided to give it anothers days rest ahead of tomorrows medal.

If its dry I may even venture up tomorrow and see if im ok to hit a few half wedges (not allowed anything more strenuous still :( )

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
We're fully open from today.
A bit soggy in places but some fairways are actually nearly firm!
Greens are still rank though.........

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Were back open fully today had 2 days of partial open with trolley and buggy bans and tee up onthe fairway medal still on tomorrow. Been a long 10 days!!!

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
we were closed on Monday but has been open all other days, although it has been a trolley ban all week - haven't played there for 2 weeks as had a detour to Woodhall last wekend to beat the pensioners! Hopefully playing tomorrow in the roll up and to play the new 9th hole for the first time

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Water just doesn't affect my track. Played there on Wednesday, and it was as dry as anything...just lovely and green. perfect!

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
we were closed on Monday but has been open all other days, although it has been a trolley ban all week - haven't played there for 2 weeks as had a detour to Woodhall last wekend to beat the pensioners! Hopefully playing tomorrow in the roll up and to play the new 9th hole for the first time

cool. is it a completly new hole or some changes?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We're fully open although a few bunkers are flooded and the back nine is a little boggy. All in all not too bad considering and no trolly ban or anything similar. Looking forward to three days of golf this weekend and hope to dodge the showers that are forecast