Course recommendations on the way to Scotland

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
A few options already mentioned, not played Lanark myself but heard good things about it from a few different people.

One option that hasn't been mentioned is taking the Biggar Road (A720) across from the M74 to Edinburgh and West Linton is pretty much on that road. Again I haven't played it but meant to be good. Time wise wouldn't add too much I don't think depending on the Forth Bridge.

woody69

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I just wouldn't look past Silloth personally, even if it does add an hour to the journey.

Where in Scotland are you going to? Can confirm Lanark is excellent.

Well we have played Silloth and loved it, but we want to try somewhere new.

We stay up in Boat of Garten from Sat to Thurs. This year we are then driving to Irvine and staying at the Western Gailes Hotel and playing there and another course on the Thurs and Friday before heading home.

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site

We stay up in Boat of Garten from Sat to Thurs. This year we are then driving to Irvine and staying at the Western Gailes Hotel and playing there and another course on the Thurs and Friday before heading home.

What about going up the M1 instead of M6 (I have no idea if that'll make it a hugely longer trip up) and have a look at one of the East Lothian courses? North Berwick & Gullane are both brilliant. From there, quick pop over the Forth bridge and you're laughing.

Hosel Fade

Tour Rookie
Visit site

If you're going that far and for a short detour you can look at Crieff, Auchterarder, Muckhart or Pitlochry all between Stirling and Perth except for Pitlochry. Depends when you are setting off really if you are looking at that late during the drive.