Gleneagles golf courses please

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm travelling to gleneagles in May. We want to play another course whilst we are up there. We have already played Blairgowrie and Auchterarder
Any recommendations please? 30 miles of gleneagles or on the way up from Carlisle

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Apologies if this is a stupid suggestion but you mentioned carlisle and the course there is well regarded. I don't think you are starting from there, perhaps turning off then, so worth checking out.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Apologies if this is a stupid suggestion but you mentioned carlisle and the course there is well regarded. I don't think you are starting from there, perhaps turning off then, so worth checking out.
We are meeting up in Carlisle then making our way up to gleneagles. So anything in between really

D

Deleted member 1740

We are meeting up in Carlisle then making our way up to gleneagles. So anything in between really

Siloth GC.

It’s a bit out the way but definitely worth the 30min detour if you’re all meeting at Carlisle.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Depends whether you are going via Edinburgh (West Linton or Dunfermline recommended) or the more direct M74/M80 route, so Val's recommendations, especially Lanark, would work.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Never played it but Powfoot which is a little north of Carlisle has a decent reputation.
Lanark is a very good course .

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Never played it but Powfoot which is a little north of Carlisle has a decent reputation.
Lanark is a very good course .
I've stayed in a pod on the caravan site next to Powfoot on a few occasions. It's immaculately kept, looks both tough and interesting. It would be a decent choice ?