Course ratings.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
You think I should take a couple of points off Aberdeen as the car park spaces are a little tight when opening car doors?

Kingsbarns is beautiful but has so many mediocre golf holes.

And don't you have to park facing the sea to avoid your car doors being ripped off by the wind...? ;)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
If a 5-10 minute drive through some of Surrey's most expensive real estate floats your boat, this is the one for you. Security guards at the beginning of the gated community, barrier could do with a lick of paint though, and the Alsatians need upgrading. :cool:
Security guards and dogs would definitely get marks knocked off. I'll delegate Surrey to others, too far south :D

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Not a fan of trees hanging over car park spaces. Sap on car is a pain to get off.:mad:

Our car park is very smooth, probably about 3000 on the stimp as it is on a steep hill.:eek:Clever design though, uphill on arrival and down on departure. We also have newly painted lines, and arrows.(y)Quality car park for changing your shoes in.:unsure:

D

Deleted member 17920

Played Royal Aberdeen on Sunday. Would agree its possibly just about right in where I would rate it although I would certainly have it higher than Royal Liverpool and Kingsbarns. Splitting hairs, just feel its a superior layout to both with some of the best bunkering I have ever seen on a golf course. Royal Aberdeen really only has one poor hole in my opinion and even that is being harsh. Tremendous front nine is always the cry about RA but the back nine is its equal and what a challenge, just not as dramatic.
What hole do you think is poor at RA, I only don’t like the 3rd as its unfair, the rest for me are 👌

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Not a fan of trees hanging over car park spaces. Sap on car is a pain to get off.:mad:

Our car park is very smooth, probably about 3000 on the stimp as it is on a steep hill.:eek:Clever design though, uphill on arrival and down on departure. We also have newly painted lines, and arrows.(y)Quality car park for changing your shoes in.:unsure:

Oohhh, arrows - show off!!!

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
What hole do you think is poor at RA, I only don’t like the 3rd as its unfair, the rest for me are 👌

3rd is a tremendous hole, tough but bloody good design.

I didn't take to the 11th, also a par 3 which was "weak" compared to the other par 3's which are much stronger in my opinion.