Course closures

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
We have been open all winter, as we always are, regardless of conditions. Yes, it drains well, but last week it was the wettest I have seen it during 20+ years as a member.

And it’s busy. Unsurprisingly we’re taking bookings from members of all the local clubs which are shut. So ours will be getting churned up again whilst all the visitors will be returning to courses which have been protected by sensible closures.

It’s so frustrating.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
The green-keepers at my course wanted to close it for 3 days this week to give it a rest but the site manager wanted it kept open.

Not sure how that went down

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Closed! It's been open all week but at 3pm yesterday we had a fall of snow, it only lasted 20 minutes and didn't lay, but it coincided with sunset and a drop in temperature resulting in areas of sheet ice. It was treacherous out there last night and while it wasn't particularly cold nor was there a hard frost those 20 minutes have done for me today.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Still open, still carry only (since last Thursday )....
Might venture up for 9 at lunchtime...see how it is.
Supposed to be a Stableford tomorrow...expecting it to be a NQ like Wednesday - hopefully get more than 1 entry..:ROFLMAO:
Won't be playing it if it's still carry only....

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Still open, still carry only (since last Thursday )....
Might venture up for 9 at lunchtime...see how it is.
Supposed to be a Stableford tomorrow...expecting it to be a NQ like Wednesday - hopefully get more than 1 entry..:ROFLMAO:
Won't be playing it if it's still carry only....

You need to man up

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Cooden Beach GC flooded. And closed.

Attachments

• Course Flood photos 190123 (2) (1).pdf
    279.3 KB · Views: 20

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So frustrating this week

We had one very short snow shower, less than one hour, which came down early in the morning falling on frosted ground.
Despite it being sunny for the rest of the day and subsequent days it has not been hot enough to thaw, the snow having turned to ice during the freezing overnight temps.

The road where I live sums it up, the side of the road which catches the sun is completely snow and ice free and the other side is still completely covered in ice.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
We've been open one day this week, Sunday, which is the only day I never play due to family stuff:rolleyes:

Hoping it will be open tomorrow as things seem to be warming up slowly, due to get up to the giddy heights of 4 degrees this afternoon. However -2 forecast for overnight, so the chances are probably 50-50 at best.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Just back from,playing 9..well, 7 as it was a waste of time....
Fairways and rough that have had a bit of sun on them are soft to a depth of about 2 mm.....
Any "prepared" surfaces that have seen the sun are soft to about 1mm
Anything that has been in the shade is rock hard.
By my reckoning there are 6 or 7 greens that are solid.
There's supposed to be a Stableford on tomorrow.?..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
They can run it without me......

Mandofred

Visit site
I'm going out with the early morning swindle in the morning. It'll still be frozen by the time we finish before noon. That half frozen half gooey ground I try to avoid. If it's frozen, I know I'm going to get crazy bounces.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We were closed Monday due to a lot of rain overnight

Been open rest of week but proper ice everywhere and greens frozen solid ..

Played twice in it. Was fun. Couldn't attack the greens just had to lay up short and low shots in to avoid bouncing like you have hit the car park lol