Course closures

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Starting tomorrow afternoon the forecast says rain for at least 5 days with over 6" of rain expected. Great for the water shortage here but looks like Saturdays golf will get drowned out

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
I managed a round at Leven today. Apparently the only course open in East Fife. Tomorrow I hope to play at Rosemount but there are still four holes closed even though the course re-opened on Friday after being closed since early December. Weather forecast looks good.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
My course is shut for 2 days.

Not sure if it’s due to the weather or the little scrotes knicking the flags and tee markers

sunshine

Visit site
It would be interesting to see if there is a correlation between the people complaining about their course being a total mud bath / closed, and the price paid for membership on the other thread.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
The people I don’t understand are those complaining about the state of the course, whilst still playing because it’s open.
Take some responsibility and don’t play if you know it’s going to be a mud bath.

Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should!

Rebro

Visit site
Our course is fully open, carry only. I played yesterday and even the mats on the range beforehand were frozen solid so it was no surprise that the course was also frozen so bailed after 3 holes. I was worried about snapping a club to be honest, worried about damaging the course and worried that every pitch onto the greens was being catapulted 100ft into the air and into the wide blue yonder ?‍♂️.
It was nice being out in the fresh air and I enjoyed the walk but, to be honest, playing was pointless and I won’t bother until we have a thaw (sometime in April at this rate).
Wish I lived in Spain.

FuzzyDuck

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My course last opened on the 27th December, it's rumoured it might finally open tomorrow. It will still be like a bog, I've no plans to play there for the foreseeable future. Playing elsewhere on Friday, that drains well.

sunshine

Visit site
The people I don’t understand are those complaining about the state of the course, whilst still playing because it’s open.
Take some responsibility and don’t play if you know it’s going to be a mud bath.

Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should!

They are probably the same people who complain about the quality of the greens but never repair a pitchmark.