Course closures

stevenk

Hacker
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone’s course is closed due to the weather, it’s been thick fog and frost in the fens most of the day.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
18 temp greens at ours but you can still play.

I went out in -3 yesterday morning with some friends and we had a great laugh! Literally no predicting where your ball will finish even if it’s hit straight down the middle ?

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Ours was closed last week due to saturated conditions following biblical rain two weeks ago and a daily top-up.

It opened on Friday following overnight minus temperatures. The whole course is like bell iron, fairways, rough, greens, it makes for interesting golf and the odd bounces bring a whole new meaning to the term "rub of the green".

Edit for bunkers which require a special mention, the good news is they don't need raking as you depart them, the bad is the very delicate chipping action required to get out of them. The Pro mentioned yesterday, after our round, that they are GUR for today's comp, which I didn't bother with.

Last edited:

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Was our Turkey Trot today.

an all time record low of 68 players took part....resulting in an all time record low of 30 points being needed to win a Turkey (top 30 win Turkeys)....8 players scored 30 points but 7 of them missed out on count back!!!! Course must have been frozen solid and bounces must have been very random!!!

Me? I stayed at home suffering from gout.....in the elbow!!!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Nairn open but winter green, everything is frozen solid in Inverness so I doubt either Inverness or The kings will be open as it would be too dangerous

Albo

Visit site
Closed due to snow a couple of days back, snow frozen and staying closed due to that for the foreseeable

Golfnut1957

Visit site
I hate snow. First sign of snow and our hilly course attracts everyone from miles around, sledgers, ski boards, plastic bags, skiers, inflatable boats and even canoes. The damage is negligible and recoverable, but it would be better if they didn't keep on going beyond the point where the snow has all but gone, and they are down to the grass.
Makes me weep.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We close for fog but not for frozen greens.

16 of us booked in on Saturday and only 3 went out.

Snow in South Wiltshire today.

Asian Dawn

Visit site
Snow everywhere so no golf the past two days and none likely this week. Still, I've got Christmas Eve at the Nakatomi Plaza in Los Angeles to look forward to.