County cards

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I
Eh? OP post was very reasonable, I was replying to a crazy face post.

Maybe pay attention before going into one, makes you look like you've been smoking crack :ROFLMAO:

I ignore Crazy Face so his posts don't come up so I apologise - maybe he's on crack :LOL: Guess this reinforces why I ignore them!

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Makes no sense when they offer the same thing. Why not just have one?

In Northumberland the cost is £10 per round which is bonkers cheap. Does each county set it's own rates or is it £10 everywhere?
Echoing LPs post, seems that Northumberland is a bit unusual in that it has two schemes. One for the oldies, where they get green fees for 10 quid - but only usable in the county. And the second being the more widespread England County Card, available to everyone, giving variable discounts on greenfees across the country (which are set by each participating club).

The other difference with Northumberland (and some other counties) is that you have to pay for the card. In my county union - Surrey - they come free with your club membership. There used to be a set charge but it was dropped a few years back.

carldudley

Visit site
We have areally good dual offer in our Borough.

1. we have a country card (Surrey) which works the same as most others.
2. if you're a Merton resident you can play any course in the Borough for heavily discounted price on a Monday (£10 Wimbledon Common GC/London Scottish, £38 Royal Wimbledon, £35 Wimbledon Park) - certain restrictions apply around timings etc. Or in the case of Royal Wimbledon you can't put a toe in the clubhouse :rolleyes: