County cards

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've been reading this thread, liking the sound of the scheme. Checked out the website and my club takes them and so I could use one. Great. I look to see how to get one and then I discover you have to be 65 ?.

Someone could have pointed that out earlier on, you mean lot.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've been reading this thread, liking the sound of the scheme. Checked out the website and my club takes them and so I could use one. Great. I look to see how to get one and then I discover you have to be 65 ?.

for a county card? no age limit or restrictions on them

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Says just have to be over 18 on the page I saw

D

Deleted member 15344

WOW

18+ everywhere else, maybe time to move :eek:

They have two cards for some reason - one for over 65’s only and one that mirrors the County Card everywhere - strange set up

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
They have two cards for some reason - one for over 65’s only and one that mirrors the County Card everywhere - strange set up
Makes no sense when they offer the same thing. Why not just have one?

In Northumberland the cost is £10 per round which is bonkers cheap. Does each county set it's own rates or is it £10 everywhere?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

In Northumberland the cost is £10 per round which is bonkers cheap. Does each county set it's own rates or is it £10 everywhere?

Usually courses set their own "county card rate" somewhere between members guest and normal green fee. Most of the time Ive paid between £20 and £40 on decent courses using a county card

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Set own rates I think

For example course near me is normally (in winter) £80 a round (not worth it.. clearly to keep riff raff out)

Their county card offer is £50 but must play Monday to Friday only and after 2pm

D

Deleted member 15344

It looks like your “county card” allows people over 65 to play any course in the list for £10 - so it’s only within Northumberland

The English County ( some give it for free ) Card allows you to have reduced green fee at all the clubs on the scheme around the county - Berkhampstead for example is £40 which is nearly half price

sunshine

Visit site
Are you smoking crack?? The op is wondering where he can use a county card as he's planning a break for his group.

Eh? OP post was very reasonable, I was replying to a crazy face post.

Maybe pay attention before going into one, makes you look like you've been smoking crack :ROFLMAO:

sunshine

Visit site
I'm looking at booking a short golf break with a group who are all members at my club and can therefore pick up some Hertfordshire county cards.
Can we use these to book county cards rates outside of our "home" county, or is it a case of ringing up the pro and being really polite to see if he could cut us a deal?
At the moment, I really, really need to play somewhere not on clay!!

Ive found them a bit hit and miss, typically only valid at times when I can't play. Having said that, my mates used their Hertfordshire cards effectively in Cornwall last year