County cards

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'm looking at booking a short golf break with a group who are all members at my club and can therefore pick up some Hertfordshire county cards.
Can we use these to book county cards rates outside of our "home" county, or is it a case of ringing up the pro and being really polite to see if he could cut us a deal?
At the moment, I really, really need to play somewhere not on clay!!

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'm looking at booking a short golf break with a group who are all members at my club and can therefore pick up some Hertfordshire county cards.
Can we use these to book county cards rates outside of our "home" county, or is it a case of ringing up the pro and being really polite to see if he could cut us a deal?
It will only work in England and not all clubs accept them but many do.

D

Deleted member 23270

Just Google County card scheme, most county websites have a list of participating clubs by county.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
BB&O have dropped the cost of county cards..you just pay postage of £1.90.
No brained really - apparently accepted at 1300 courses

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
All counties in England now accept all other English Counties' cards. But not all clubs.
Many clubs on either side or the various GB & I borders also accept each others cards

D

Deleted member 23344

I have used my Sussex county card in several other counties, but not all courses accept it. Worth asking when you book.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
IMO ALL clubs linked to the R+A (that's ALL of them and by ALL I include the big courses) should accept these cards and give a discount on their green fees. As to how much discount, that should be left to the clubs, but they should ALL offer a discount. IMO.....(y)

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
The R&A has nothing to do with your membership of a golf club. No clubs are linked to the R&A. The only connection is that made by playing by the R&A's Rules of Golf. Which of course is every club in the world except in the USA or Mexico.
The R&A has no control over what a club or national authority does or doesn't do.

Clubs in GB&I are affiliated to the national unions or associations (ie England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales). Via your (playing) membership of an affiliated club you are a member of the relevant national organisation.

sunshine

Visit site
IMO ALL clubs linked to the R+A (that's ALL of them and by ALL I include the big courses) should accept these cards and give a discount on their green fees. As to how much discount, that should be left to the clubs, but they should ALL offer a discount. IMO.....(y)

ok i'll take the bait...

The way I read this post is: you want big expensive courses to offer you a discount because you're a member at a cheap, lower quality course. We all would love something for nothing, but unfortunately that's not how it works usually.

matt71

Tour Rookie
Visit site
However in reply to crazy face :)

Royal Liverpool take the county card ( not in summer season) and if memory serves me right it’s about £50 to play it .

they accepted our Lancashire cards and was made very welcome indeed. I would recommend it as well :)

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
ok i'll take the bait...

The way I read this post is: you want big expensive courses to offer you a discount because you're a member at a cheap, lower quality course. We all would love something for nothing, but unfortunately that's not how it works usually.

Are you smoking crack?? The op is wondering where he can use a county card as he's planning a break for his group.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

pretty sure Gog Magog will take county card and rate will be pretty reasonable for not too long a journey and a much drier golf course

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
It is a good scheme and can get you decent discounts at courses that accept them.
However I believe that members of clubs that don’t accept them, don‘t qualify to receive them ?