Thoughts on GolfBreaks/YourGolfTravel?

BearwoodLakesGolfer

Visit site
Hi all,
Thinking about booking a golf break in Scotland with a few mates, YGT and GolfBreaks came up as two of the largest providers.
What are people’s experience with using these? Is it better to book direct or can they really get cheaper rates?
It’s a lot of money to spend so wanted to do my due diligence before pursuing!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I use GolfBreaks and found them incredibly easy to deal with. Once I'd found a few venues I was interested in, I send an enquiry, and a feller named Tom did all the working out for me in terms of what rooms were needed for how many people and what the final price was. I just told him what we wanted and he sorted it really.

You then put a deposit down to book it, and after that people can pay off varying amounts as and when they like, as long as it's all paid before the given deadline.

abjectplop

Hacker
Visit site
I think they generally have good deals and will be very competitive on green fees. You may of course be able to find better value accomodation doing it yourself. Do you have an area, courses and/or time of year in mind?

RichA

Visit site
A few pals and I are doing Airbnb in Devon at the moment and just taking advantage of county card prices. Can't imagine it would be any cheaper or easier using an agent.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I've never had an issue with Golfbreaks and always find the agents willing to go the extra mile.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Maybe it depends how many of you there are, but I just organise our UK (mainly Scottish) trips myself. Not sure what a tour operator would add to the equation.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Maybe it depends how many of you there are, but I just organise our UK (mainly Scottish) trips myself. Not sure what a tour operator would add to the equation.
They might get access to better tee times then regular punters, particularly at bigger courses. They can also take the hassle of coordinating times at multiple courses out of your hands.

I've organised multiple trips myself but I've done a couple through YGT at venues where they just had better access than I could get.

D-S

Visit site
They might get access to better tee times then regular punters, particularly at bigger courses. They can also take the hassle of coordinating times at multiple courses out of your hands.

I've organised multiple trips myself but I've done a couple through YGT at venues where they just had better access than I could get.
Agree with this, price might be slightly more but depending on venues and complexity they can sort a lot of issues out.

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
Used both and would happily use either again. Possibly a slight preference for GolfBreaks, but they're both good companies in my opinion.