Could you make six birdies for £20k?

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I had 5 at Wallasey once, 5 on my home track, 4 last week on the Machrie.

Six is a red hot putter, probably, or approaches on a string.

I know some mates, who would still leave a few putts short.....even if there was a million on it.

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm lucky if I have 1 birdie a week!

Have had 4 in a round once, 3 a few times - closest to this is 3 in 4 holes. Although, arguably, there is a stretch of 6 holes that if you're playing well would present an opportunity ( 3 x par 3, 1 x par 5 and 2 x short par 4s).

My 'best' is 3 birdies at Royal Portrush - still not a great round however!

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Well I have scored a 60 on a par 67 course and a 63 on a par 69 course so at least seven and six that I can remember,
Also had seven 3's on the trot once but three of them were par 3's and two short par 4's
Mind you that was nearly 50 years ago

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Same love to do it again soon, maybe the weekend #DoubtIt - did have 5 on the trot in a matchplay round again won't be happening anytime soon :-(
Mines a course record of sorts.
The third green is right in front of the clubhouse but 18 is at the back.
So in the captains prize we started on the fourth tee to finish on The 3rd green.
36 holes over two consecutive Sundays I shot gross 68 /67.
Best golf I have ever played in my life.
Was never a low scorer but consistent ( boring) golf.
They never did changes the tees and the course remains the same now.

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
You can see why so many really good county players off +3/+4 just can’t even attempt to pursue professional golf. Especially when it’s likely they wouldn’t be Up there in the money lists. It’s financially crippling it seems unless you have very good sponsors and/or live with family.

To the original point nope, especially if knowingly playing for it! Most I’ve had in a round is 5 and that’s around a track with plenty of scoring opportunities, not from the tips of tougher courses these guys are playing.

A county player I know and play with beat Andy Sullivan 7 and 6 I think it was. Don’t think he has ever lost a scratch match for club or county, won numerous amateur championships but just couldn’t pursue it as career professionally due to financial circumstances. It’s a shame really, you have to be willing to sacrifice it all which is part of the process I guess.

Last edited:

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Done it twice but a few years ago now. Probably never again. One of them was 6 on the spin over the last 6 holes, and still finished over par.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Have been mulling this over. Best I've done this year is 5 so it's obviously a big ask.

BUT... if the only goal was to make as many birdies as possible and not worry about running up a score on a few other holes it'd free you up to play as aggressively as possible. With that mindset, and on a good day round my course it's not unreasonable to think you could make 6, why not? :cool:

Go, ed then, next bounce round.

Let us know how you get on. :)

D

Deleted member 21258

Of course, playing like that could just as easily end up shooting my worst score in years! :ROFLMAO:

If you are up for it and want something to blame for a bad round / encourage you, I would be more than happy to donate £16.66666 for each birdie, if you get six, ie. I would donate £100.00 to H4H or your chosen charity if you get six or more?

No minuses for treble bogies or lost balls and definitely no cheating :D