Could Pelvis be the problem.....

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
At the range today, I noticed an issue. From address, as my hands pass the outer part of my right thigh I feel resistance and seem to stand up slightly thus reducing my spinal tilt.
I'm a One Planer so lean forward from the hips with a more bent over spine. The bent over spine angle is between 40 to 45 degrees.
I thought part of my issue was turning the shoulders too flat. However I think what has lead to this is my pelvis has not turned steep enough, in particular the left hip when turning back. As my pelvis/hips don't tilt enough and turn flat, this causes me to stand up as my hands get past the outside of my right thigh.
As my shoulders turn on a steep angle then surely my pelvis/hips have to turn steeper to stop standing up.
Incidentally, I'm right handed.
Maybe I could had posted this in "Ask the Experts", but thought I'd get more feedback here.
Thought please

mteam

Assistant Pro
Visit site
feel a bit more left tilt (side bend) as you turn and dont be afraid to let your right leg straighten a bit and more weight settle into your left foot

Last edited:

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Sounds like a visit to a coach is in order. One that can coach you around your range of flexibility.