Could be Playing Golf by the end of March 2021.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
But a lot of them are breaking the rules - how much more breaking of the rules do you think will happen if the beer gardens open again too soon?

Last summer there was almost no social distancing in one of my local pubs - the reason why I decided not to play winter league for the first time in over 20 years because I could see the writing on the wall.

I'm getting pretty sick of obeying the rules and seeing so many not really giving a damn any more.

But I'll still obey the rules, because if we all stop, we are going to just make this a lot harder!

If you read my post it was copied and pasted ( tongue in cheek) from the one I replied to, I changed golf course to pubs, if Golf courses open en block to soon just because they think they can Or should. What’s to stop pubs, hairdressers, gyms etc etc Doing the same.

sunshine

Visit site
But a lot of them are breaking the rules - how much more breaking of the rules do you think will happen if the beer gardens open again too soon?

Last summer there was almost no social distancing in one of my local pubs - the reason why I decided not to play winter league for the first time in over 20 years because I could see the writing on the wall.

I'm getting pretty sick of obeying the rules and seeing so many not really giving a damn any more.

But I'll still obey the rules, because if we all stop, we are going to just make this a lot harder!

WHOOOSH...... (that's the noise Tashy's post made as it flew over your head)

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think that the 6 weeks sounds about right. At the time of that post, it was a week until the announcement, 3 weeks until schools go back and then a period of a few weeks to see the impact of schools on the numbers as this can, this time, be viewed in isolation and, if the figures remain OK, and announcement for a return to golf. End of March, first week in April sounds reasonable.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I think that the 6 weeks sounds about right. At the time of that post, it was a week until the announcement, 3 weeks until schools go back and then a period of a few weeks to see the impact of schools on the numbers as this can, this time, be viewed in isolation and, if the figures remain OK, and announcement for a return to golf. End of March, first week in April sounds reasonable.

That suggests that we're going to lift one element of lockdown at a time and see it's effect before moving on to the next.
8th March, schools
3 weeks later, hairdressers
3 weeks later, gyms
3 weeks later, golf
3 weeks, later pubs
etc.
Can't see it myself.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
That suggests that we're going to lift one element of lockdown at a time and see it's effect before moving on to the next.
8th March, schools
3 weeks later, hairdressers
3 weeks later, gyms
3 weeks later, golf
3 weeks, later pubs
etc.
Can't see it myself.

Not at all but I can see schools (then further education) as the biggest areas to open being allowed to do so in isolation to ensure no dramatic rise numbers then everything else phased in after that. Golf, I suspect, will only be open when you are allowed a social mixing between households in a public open space and so when I can meet a friend in a part for a coffee and a chat, golf can continue.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
If every club opened up then the fines would be written off.

I'll be playing in March regardless and £200, £400 or whatever will be laughed off and binned. I've broken no rules and wouldn't break them for a party or anything that would risk anyones health, but I'll be playing golf. Not a members club but any pay and play or resort course is fair game.
No criminal record or jail for breaking these rules. Worst case is paying the fine at 50p a week but if you pay on the spot or within a week it's halved so a better way for an individual.

You sir are a disgrace and should be ashamed of yourself. Golf is a sport of integrity and honesty. Two attributes you clearly lack.

Hercules

Visit site
You sir are a disgrace and should be ashamed of yourself. Golf is a sport of integrity and honesty. Two attributes you clearly lack.

No, it's you sir that are a disgrace! It's people like you that are keeping this farce going. Why not do a little research yourself and it will quickly become clear that this ship of fools running the country are the people lacking integrity and honesty.

Hercules

Visit site
I think if clubs aren't allowed to open by early March, England Golf should instruct clubs to open in two balls and deal with the fall out. It's absolutely disgraceful to have golf courses closed. If every club is open then they'll be no resources to stop it.

Members only, two balls, bookings, no travel of 10 miles or more and off you go.

It's actually mind boggling how you can queue up for non essentiual coffee with a lack of social distancing, fish, walk in busy parks, have dozens of kids and parents in playgrounds and you can't play golf outside in acres of space.

Completely agree with you!

Hercules

Visit site
If you read my post it was copied and pasted ( tongue in cheek) from the one I replied to, I changed golf course to pubs, if Golf courses open en block to soon just because they think they can Or should. What’s to stop pubs, hairdressers, gyms etc etc Doing the same.

And so they should!

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
In all fairness, If you look past the crazy and focus on just golf.

- Golf hasn't been linked to any outbreak.
- I can drive to the course and walk it with someone not in my household currently. Even with my bag! I just can't hit a ball.
- Scotland have been playing just fine. As above, because no outbreak has never been attributed to golf.
- There is absolutely no valid reason other than blanket policy, you can't play in singles or in households/bubble.

A Science based approach, would indicate that it's fine. Initially in lockdown v1 you had to exercise alone. Then from May 13th you were allowed to exercise with someone (as you can now) and golf, fishing, swimming in lakes + the sea and outdoor tennis opened up. What's changed this time? No data has been presented to back up the decision.

Last edited: