Could be Playing Golf by the end of March 2021.

Dannyc

Visit site
What a joke
I’m sorry but I’ve backed boris on this all the way
Some of this is just daft
This ain’t selfish to say I can meet someone for a coffee or picnic but not walk around a members golf course in a 2 ball

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So the wife can meet her friend, park herself on a bench next to her with a flask of tea and some French fancies and hold the world to rights but I can’t play golf with my best mate and comfortably never be with 5 metres of each other? Absolutely ridiculous! Yes it’s only another 5 weeks but I think a lot of people will have expected more :-(

Whilst I agree it's only 3 weeks after your wife can so we waited this long another 3 weeks won't kill us

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Actually, gonna hold fire on this until we hear it from the horses mouth.

State of the media today it could well be wrong, and there will be no retraction or apology.
This is what I said to the wife, until he says it, it’s speculation.
However he probably wanted to get ahead of Sturgeon and leaked strategically.. but she is far cleverer than him and will do the right thing (as she has all along!)

Boomy

Visit site
I really hope the papers have got it wrong! Scotland were able to keep the courses open throughout the peak of this wave and there hasn’t been a single report of it being detrimental to anyone or the R rate!

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
We've been here before, for us in England nothing is completely certain until we hear from England golf.

I did note the Beeb avoided mentioning golf altogether :

The first stage will be split into two parts. Vaccines Minister Nadhim Zahawi told BBC Breakfast:
  • From 8 March - All schools will open with outdoor after-school sports and activities allowed. Recreation in a public space - such as a park - will be allowed between two people, meaning they would be allowed to sit down for a coffee, drink or picnic
  • From 29 March - Outdoor gatherings of either six people or two households will be allowed. It is understood this will include gatherings in private gardens. Outdoor sports facilities such as tennis or basketball courts will reopen and organised adult and children's sport, such as grassroots football, will also return

ForeRight

Visit site
I'm guessing the 29th March date is for four-balls. If teams sports such as football are allowed, then there's no reason to restrict to two ball golf.