Coronavirus - political views - supporting or otherwise...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Knowing this is occurring shouldn't you be doing the right thing and seeking to report it to the appropriate authorities... But, then again, why bother as playing the holier than thou card is obviously of more importance...
Erm…. I think the wee winkie man was an indication that I don't think my friend was being serious. :love:
I think he was just pointing out some of the absurdly daft 'rules'.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Gavin Williamson’s briefing is almost nauseating in its delivery and tone - and is clearly aimed at undermining opposition in teaching and teaching unions to a return to schooling. And such faux sincerity makes it almost impossible to keep listening - doesn’t help of course that I don’t normally have any time for him. But I will keep going with him - as I know he must finish shortly. ?

Bit premature there Hogie, he hasn't even finished the brief yet! Personally, after his previous faux pas as the Defence Minister I'm gobsmacked he's back on the Front Bench. However, I think he's spoken exceptionally well so far. He's praised the teaching staff to the high heavens. I know from my youngest daughter who is a Primary school teacher, an awful lot of what he's said is actually happening now, e.g. every home schooled child that doesn't have access to a laptop was given one weeks ago.

Why not wait till the brief has finished before you come on and spout your pre-written criticism...;)

EDIT: "Teachers have been absolute hero's all the way through this crisis...." C'mon Hogie, rub the egg off your face:ROFLMAO:

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
If I was selling my house and had viewings I have a feeling my interraction with them would be completely different to that with my nearest and dearest. With all the best will in the world it is very hard to social distance from loved ones who we've not seen for some time. I'd happily social distance from a stranger who may want to buy my house.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Gavin Williamson’s briefing is almost nauseating in its delivery and tone - and is clearly aimed at undermining opposition in teaching and teaching unions to a return to schooling. And such faux sincerity makes it almost impossible to keep listening - doesn’t help of course that I don’t normally have any time for him. But I will keep going with him - as I know he must finish shortly. ?

Give you a gun , Hugh, I don't know who you'd shoot first??
Unless it was a Tommy gun and then you could line em up , Valentines Day style!?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
More conciliatory towards teachers and unions under questioning ?

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bit premature there Hogie, he hasn't even finished the brief yet! Personally, after his previous faux pas as the Defence Minister I'm gobsmacked he's back on the Front Bench. However, I think he's spoken exceptionally well so far. He's praised the teaching staff to the high heavens. I know from my youngest daughter who is a Primary school teacher, an awful lot of what he's said is actually happening now, e.g. every home schooled child that doesn't have access to a laptop was given one weeks ago.

Why not wait till the brief has finished before you come on and spout your pre-written criticism...;)

EDIT: "Teachers have been absolute hero's all the way through this crisis...." C'mon Hogie, rub the egg off your face:ROFLMAO:

Not his style, he only listens so he can have a moan. The fact that a government minister or should I say a member of the Tory Party is up there is enough to get him going. He's the only person I know that continues to listen to all those he hates to listen to , be it Farage, BJ or Uncle Tom Cobbly.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
the problem in all the guidance and rules and restrictions as there are not or never can be enough to cover all scenarios and yet there are too many to keep things simple and give the core guidance and let people and businesses implement them.

Key one is golf. Outdoor with social distancing equals very little risk. So why get involved and taklk about 2 people rather than 4. Reiterate that golf is open but the core rules apply - clubs direct members to this and we have 4-ball golf with no more risks than 2-ball golf.

Just keep strict on the distancing guidelines - with a focus on indoors - and leave evryone to implememnt it themselves!
The simple answer is that 2-Ball Golf works within the 'general' rules - as does Singles Tennis. 4-Ball Golf (or Doubles Tennis) would require 'special' consideration and there would plenty of other interactions that could have an argument also be consider. This is a welcome step, so let's not try to push too far too fast! I'll be even happier if the next step is that I can shower, change and get a beer (outside, in a single use 'glass') after the round.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Anyway - here’s a question. Friend of ours has got a job in london. She’s going to houseshare and plans to move in next week. One person in the house she knows but hasn’t been in a household with, other two are complete strangers. Putting aside Great British common sense - do the guidelines permit that?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I doubt if he'd trust you but he's not after your trust, very few of us trust politicians but in dangerous times options are limited.
Well he damn well should be ...

btw anyone know how many contact tracers have been employed with mid-May rapidly approaching - or past. Yesterday Brandon Lewis said 15,000 applied and 1,500 recruited given figures earlier this week. More now But DWP won’t release figures. Interested as Mrs Hogie has applied and got an interview but no date for it yet.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
He got a bit better after his lecture was over...? Though he didn’t really address the question of how teachers would be able to go to school when so many need childcare to be able to do so. Which is a conundrum to be sure.

Whole thing is politically motivated with the unions flexing their muscles. Many teachers are out their working their butts off and the unions never said a word, now they are demanding that the government meet the unions 5 guidelines even though the guy on the news jumped from 3 to 5. Perhaps he needs to go back to school and learn to count.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well he damn well should be ...

btw anyone know how many contact tracers have been employed with mid-May rapidly approaching - or past. Yesterday Brandon Lewis said 15,000 applied and 1,500 recruited given figures earlier this week. More now But DWP won’t release figures. Interested as Mrs Hogie has applied and got an interview but no date for it yet.
Being done through the whole of the civil service network not just the DWP.

Why should he, have you got children of school age. You have made it perfectly clear you have little faith in any of the current government, finding fault every time one of them opens their mouth.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The question about teachers and their childcare is simple enough.

Anyway - do we know how many have been recruited as they are surely critical to any relaxation and associated risk, and that relaxation really kicked in today.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site

Anyway - do we know how many have been recruited as they are surely critical to any relaxation and associated risk, and that relaxation really kicked in today.

What has it to do with you how many are recruited, as long as the powers to be know that's all that matters.

As for childcare, that's always a problem that all families have to solve, how do families manage during school holidays. Nobody in the unions raises concerns about families outside the teaching profession during these times. Most teachers aren't militant or even in a union and would try their hardest to get back to teaching and we have to trust that the scientific experts that are working on the problem for the government are giving the right guidance.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

Teachers are classed as key workers. Their kids go to school.

Status
Not open for further replies.