Coronavirus - political views - supporting or otherwise...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I get that Piers Morgan’s combative style wins him fans (& nonfans) but when interviewee availability among politicians is impacted and the story becomes about him & his style rather than the virus, doesn’t it tell his bosses he’s gone a bit off the rails. That he's basically no longer effective as a journalist ?

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I emailed the club this morning regarding access to the toilets/lockers and they said they would be available but require a memeber of staff to let you in.
They're saying the staff will be responsible for clean down after thier use so trying to limit this.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I get that Piers Morgan’s combative style wins him fans (& nonfans) but when interviewee availability among politicians is impacted and the story becomes about him & his style rather than the virus, doesn’t it tell his bosses he’s gone a bit off the rails. That he's basically no longer effective as a journalist ?

There's been a number of politicians that have refused to go on his programme. Can't say I blame them. He's just not interested in their answers if they don't 100% conform with his view of what they should be. I do hope that he gets binned soon as he is, quite literally, a turn off.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I emailed the club this morning regarding access to the toilets/lockers and they said they would be available but require a memeber of staff to let you in.
They're saying the staff will be responsible for clean down after thier use so trying to limit this.
Conjures up an image of the Club Assistant Pro in a diver's suit hosing down after you ?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I think you're over complicating it. If someone says the rule is X, why do you need to know that a/3+7L(4a-5b)/27 = X? At the end of the day, all you need to know is X.

Do you know all the ins and outs of Pi? Do you need to know all the ins and outs of Pi? No, you just worked with the Pi you'd been given.

Seriously, you need to get out more:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Just think about the stress you're giving yourself if you're spending forever trying to work the ins and outs of X. Accept it for what it is and get on with life, don't waste it.
Simply saying that if you are going to provide guidance such as that provided then, you have to have some basic consistency across the guidance.

The government can absolutely not cover ALL scenarios, and is relying on us to use good old British Common Sense (as opposed to any other sort :) ), but to do that you really need to be able to interpolate and extrapolate for your scenario using the 'data points' the government has provided. And that isn't that easy as it would appear that different basic conditions/assumptions apply to some of the scenarios given.

Previously Stay at Home with one exercise and one essential shop a day, was the absolute and very easy to understand bottom line, and it was easy to see when you strayed from that these basics. The government is now asking individuals to basically work some things out themselves. And for some and for some scenarios like going back to work - that is just not easy to do.

Anyway...I believe Sunak has extended the furlough scheme until the end of October - this is very good news for us (wife is furloughed) and for our son (work is nil until performing arts venues reopen in some way) - and so top marks for Sunak on understanding the difficulties faced by many - especially the poorer of society who generally having nothing at all saved for a rainy day to fall back on.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
............and more balanced piece I have yet to read...doffs hat

Meanwhile in Wales, the bloke in the poorly fitting grey suit refused to allow golf and fishing but climbed down withing 72 hours. Was that as he got lots of emails and the FB Campaign, or had Nicola released her grip on the front of his trews?

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Extending furlough has bought some blue votes next time round I’ll bet.
Right then! If he does something right hes only doing it to attract votes, if he does it wrong hes a waste of space. What does he have to do to get your approval?

Last edited:

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
My brother-in-law lives about a mile away, I can call him up and from tomorrow we can go up our golf club and play a round of golf for 4 hours as long as we stay 2m away from each other but apparently I cannot sit in his garden with him for 30 mins sitting 2m+ away from each other.

If you can see what "sitting in the garden" implications are then you won't understand the message. Think about what normally happens when you visit, sitting in chairs, or are you taking your own, tea/coffe, biscuits and cake, going to the loo. Any number of ways to pass on, get any number of nastiness.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
I am hearing that a climb down from the Welsh FM on golf is imminent. Social media campaign since Sunday and a barrage of emails seems to be getting through.

I wonder what his mate Nic will say...

There are only 70 odd million people in the UK, Boris should have phoned everyone to explain the specifics. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Stay at home, play golf. Not at all confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.