Coronavirus - political views - supporting or otherwise...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Right then! If he does something right hes only doing it to attract votes, if he does it wrong hes a waste of space. What does he have to do to get you're approval?

He had my approval when I voted for him, I just don’t approve of his handling of this virus nor the furlough extension. He’d get my approval if he was to lockdown the vulnerable groups and let the rest of society get on with it, thus not increasing my tax payments which I guess will rise to pay for the governments wage bill.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Simply saying that if you are going to provide guidance such as that provided then, you have to have some basic consistency across the guidance.

The government can absolutely not cover ALL scenarios, and is relying on us to use good old British Common Sense (as opposed to any other sort :) ), but to do that you really need to be able to interpolate and extrapolate for your scenario using the 'data points' the government has provided. And that isn't that easy as it would appear that different basic conditions/assumptions apply to some of the scenarios given.

Previously Stay at Home with one exercise and one essential shop a day, was the absolute and very easy to understand bottom line, and it was easy to see when you strayed from that these basics. The government is now asking individuals to basically work some things out themselves. And for some and for some scenarios like going back to work - that is just not easy to do.

Anyway...I believe Sunak has extended the furlough scheme until the end of October - this is very good news for us (wife is furloughed) and for our son (work is nil until performing arts venues reopen in some way) - and so top marks for Sunak on understanding the difficulties faced by many - especially the poorer of society who generally having nothing at all saved for a rainy day to fall back on.

Apart from your Sunak bit, you've proved my point. You've over complicated it to the nth degree. Not everyone knows how to spell extrapolate yet alone know what it means. The briefing, once explained in more detail, is actually pretty obvious.

I, almost, suspect you're over complicating it on purpose to try an point score against the govt's handling of it all.

Wolf

Visit site
Apart from your Sunak bit, you've proved my point. You've over complicated it to the nth degree. Not everyone knows how to spell extrapolate yet alone know what it means. The briefing, once explained in more detail, is actually pretty obvious.

I, almost, suspect you're over complicating it on purpose to try an point score against the govt's handling of it all.
I don't even suspect it, I think it's pretty obvious from every post he does that, but will always pretend otherwise

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
He had my approval when I voted for him, I just don’t approve of his handling of this virus nor the furlough extension. He’d get my approval if he was to lockdown the vulnerable groups and let the rest of society get on with it, thus not increasing my tax payments which I guess will rise to pay for the governments wage bill.
A shame hes not acting in your personal interest.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
There's been a number of politicians that have refused to go on his programme. Can't say I blame them. He's just not interested in their answers if they don't 100% conform with his view of what they should be. I do hope that he gets binned soon as he is, quite literally, a turn off.
I'm not a fan, but he does 'grill' interviewees - which is quite possibly the real reason for the bold bit. I agree that he interviews with an agenda, but that's how politicians work too. I'd be interested to see how he'd perform against some of the old 'heavy-hitters' like Ken Clarke or maybe Ed Balls, both of whom were very insistent at getting their own message across.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Enjoying Farage and his fans on his LBC programme attacking the government for continuing the furlough payments, and not cutting them more strongly. Apparently too many people are having an easy life of it...and so will be reluctant to go back to work. Plus - with no holidays overseas; unable to go to the pub or restaurants; no travel costs going to work etc people are better off!

He still has his fans does Nigel - and some still hoping he'll be the next Prime Minister. Oh yes. He well and truly caught some folks hook, line and sinker over the years. Almost fun listening to him these days - almost :)

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Hearing there was a coronavirus outbreak in Edinburgh in February, centered on a hotel I walk past every day. Government knew about it but decided not to tell anyone. I'm so frustrated by the mishandling of it all.
I believe they were advised that they couldn't! So perhaps not mishandled at all.
Seems to me that you are more likely simply wanting to moan (at your government)!

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
If you can see what "sitting in the garden" implications are then you won't understand the message. Think about what normally happens when you visit, sitting in chairs, or are you taking your own, tea/coffe, biscuits and cake, going to the loo. Any number of ways to pass on, get any number of nastiness.

Actually it is not difficult. My wife would go round her twins house, sit in the garden and have a chat for 30 minutes. She would not have to go down the park where there are hundreds of other people gathering and deal with the crowds issue, she could park in his drive way go down the side of the house and not go inside, she can also do the same with her parents who have a large house and garden not drink the drinks or use the loo (it is possible for not to need the loo for more than 30 mins you know) but I can still spend 4 hours with her dad because he like I plays golf. I get to spend time with her family all who play golf yet she cannot because she does not.

Add to that the people opposite had 5 visitors in their house for most of Sunday, the lady from the house 2 doors down was sitting in her sisters car for an hour the other day and 4 doors down they had bloody party in the garden. The people that don't give a toss still don't regardless of the rules, yet those of us that can and do follow the rules have to deal with the stupidity of rules that are not correct while the abusers continue to abuse and it has noticably got worse over the last week. When going for my daily exercise tonight I passed a house round the corner and 2 women came out with one saying off to see mum now catch up with you later, obviously not living there just visiting the sister and then the mum.

It is a can of worms, poorly thought out and certainly does not help everyone.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Actually it is not difficult. My wife would go round her twins house, sit in the garden and have a chat for 30 minutes. She would not have to go down the park where there are hundreds of other people gathering and deal with the crowds issue, she could park in his drive way go down the side of the house and not go inside, she can also do the same with her parents who have a large house and garden not drink the drinks or use the loo (it is possible for not to need the loo for more than 30 mins you know) but I can still spend 4 hours with her dad because he like I plays golf. I get to spend time with her family all who play golf yet she cannot because she does not.

Add to that the people opposite had 5 visitors in their house for most of Sunday, the lady from the house 2 doors down was sitting in her sisters car for an hour the other day and 4 doors down they had bloody party in the garden. The people that don't give a toss still don't regardless of the rules, yet those of us that can and do follow the rules have to deal with the stupidity of rules that are not correct while the abusers continue to abuse and it has noticably got worse over the last week. When going for my daily exercise tonight I passed a house round the corner and 2 women came out with one saying off to see mum now catch up with you later, obviously not living there just visiting the sister and then the mum.

It would be impossible to write guidance for all situations and types of households. Best to keep It simple for the vast majority.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Enjoying Farage and his fans on his LBC programme attacking the government for continuing the furlough payments, and not cutting them more strongly. Apparently too many people are having an easy life of it...and so will be reluctant to go back to work. Plus - with no holidays overseas; unable to go to the pub or restaurants; no travel costs going to work etc people are better off!

He still has his fans does Nigel - and some still hoping he'll be the next Prime Minister. Oh yes. He well and truly caught some folks hook, line and sinker over the years. Almost fun listening to him these days - almost :)
He's not under your bed, he cant hurt you any more, let it go you will feel a great weight lifted. And breathe.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Most people live in different arrangements so who should they make the rules for. Regarding the Women, they are breaking the rules so should they change the rules to suit them.

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
Advised by whom? Couldn't do what? Warn the public about a life-threatening health hazard? Take action to prevent the spread of a deadly virus before 1000s of us were infected?

Damn right I want a moan! :mad: I'm so cranky today.... :ROFLMAO:

And too bloody right, very dangerous. When it all kicked off the whole of Canary Wharf was updated telling us when and where cases happened.

Does anyone know if it's a Scottish only thing or a new UK policy? God forbid if it happened here, half the posters would have a field day!

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site

Fans, you mean the people who tune in and listen.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site

Obviously you look at it as to how you would behave, the government have to look at it how most would behave. And most would sit on something, have tea or beer etc as has been explained.
That is the reason. It is not "stupid rules". It is anticipating responsibly.

As to the instances of others misbehaving. It is wrong but it lends no weight to your primary argument.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
IMO the steps taken by the Government with respect income and business protection is unique across the world all while keeping the NHS from being over saturated.

I wonder if Labour had won the election whether they would have been as ambitious.

Status
Not open for further replies.