Coronavirus - political views - supporting or otherwise...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
People also do what the Government say and from what I was reading many people were confused by it including Kears Starmer.
Keir Starmer chose to be confused by it because it suits him right now. If he really is confused then Labour have chosen the wrong leader.

Employees will follow what is said by the person who pays them when it comes to their jobs.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I agree, but that’s still not what he said, therefore, Why did he say what he did? He even advised how they should travel to work today.
Unfortunately he is still Boris :LOL:. I cringed at the drive to work comment, no idea why he came out with that. I had images of London grinding to a halt in a sea of cars.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Starbucks to open 130 outlets from Thursday. Confused...from the BBC website

What about pubs, cafes, restaurants, theatres and cinemas?
  • Mr Johnson says the government "hopes" to reopen "at least some of the hospitality industry and other public places" in England but this will happen later than for shops and schools - by July at the earliest
Possibly takeaway only like many other facilities than can manage. Been happening for a couple of weeks. Obviously Starbucks can cope with SD and providing a safe service.

Keep trying.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Excellent. I can sit in the park with my daughter and my wife can sit in the park with her b/friend - and I can sit beside my wife. So all distance requirements being observed between us and them then we're sorted :)

Of course my daughter's b/friend might want his mum or his dad to be his 'one'...and as long as they keep distance from him then they will be fine. But he can still be sitting beside our daughter...hmmm. And then there were Six :)

Sounds good to me.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Excellent. I can sit in the park with my daughter and my wife can sit in the park with her b/friend - and I can sit beside my wife. So all distance requirements being observed between us and them then we're sorted :)

Of course my daughter's b/friend might want his mum or his dad to be his 'one'...and as long as they keep distance from him then they will be fine. But he can still be sitting beside our daughter...hmmm. And then there were Six :)

Sounds good to me.

Why would your wife meet her boyfriend in the park when you're there!!

Wolf

Visit site

Sounds good to me.
Now you're just being pedantic to make it suit what you want to hear in a bid to have yet another little dig, but of course you never have a dig do you, just highlight what's wrong. Did I get that right ?

Why not use your common sense or better still wait for the clarification document details to be released.

Yes last night was clear as mud in some areas but petty scenarios like this do nothing to add to debate other than clog it with even more crap.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Made me laugh! Was thinking the same.

Had no opinion of the chap until last night, but had read he was fairly solid.

Seems not
His reputation was solid rather than spectacular but that is no bad thing, I don't think Labour need a showboater right now. As a former lawyer and head of the CPS it was his job to decipher and understand complicated documents.

He was not confused and to expect us to believe he was is pretty poor.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Now you're just being pedantic to make it suit what you want to hear in a bid to have yet another little dig, but of course you never have a dig do you, just highlight what's wrong. Did I get that right ?

Why not use your common sense or better still wait for the clarification document details to be released.

Yes last night was clear as mud in some areas but petty scenarios like this do nothing to add to debate other than clog it with even more crap.

Don't confuse those that lead with those that want to be led.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Possibly takeaway only like many other facilities than can manage. Been happening for a couple of weeks. Obviously Starbucks can cope with SD and providing a safe service.

Keep trying.
I am not 'trying, I am simply looking at what seems to be happening against what the government is setting out. I couldn't see how Starbucks was getting around what the government was asking of such as cafes. I just heard reported that Starbucks were opening outlets - no mention of take-aways or drive-throughs - so I wondering. But good that that is cleared up.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site

I'm not. I have just heard reported what the guidance document says as it has been released. And the guidance does suggest that we can do this. My wife would love it were this were allowed - but we won't do it if it's not.

And I now hear reported that my wife could travel 170miles to my MiLs to see her. I could do likewise go to see her brother. The fact that we would sit opposite them in the local rec would work. Still don't think we'll go and risk it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16999

His reputation was solid rather than spectacular but that is no bad thing, I don't think Labour need a showboater right now. As a former lawyer and head of the CPS it was his job to decipher and understand complicated documents.

He was not confused and to expect us to believe he was is pretty poor.
Was he alone in that opinion or are sadly people bringing party politics in to the discussion, despite you yourself cringing at at least one of boris’s comments and his Foreign Secretary being confused on live TV this morning.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Seemingly more and more, to me, we are heading back down the herd immunity route... Without actually stating so as an outright admission ?...

Perhaps Boris is seeking further support from his new friends in the North by properly mucking over Londoners...

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Starbucks to open 130 outlets from Thursday. Confused...from the BBC website

What about pubs, cafes, restaurants, theatres and cinemas?
  • Mr Johnson says the government "hopes" to reopen "at least some of the hospitality industry and other public places" in England but this will happen later than for shops and schools - by July at the earliest
Yes, I think 'Private Member's Clubs' will be well ahead of Pubs when it comes to re-opening...... would CIU premises fit this description. Fortunately our wee Snooker Club would. :):)

Status
Not open for further replies.