Coronavirus - political views - supporting or otherwise...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
No - I am looking at the government website that tells me up front that I should stay at home as much as possible.

There is much I can do today that the government tells me I can do that is not essential and therefore is not following guideline #1 on the govs coronavirus guidelines Website.

But what a surprise - usual suspects choose to fail to see the contradiction in what the government is telling us and rationalise it away as this government does no wrong - well actually they don’t - rather choosing to attack the messenger. Let’s see if it’s still there tomorrow.

Usal suspect shows a complete absence of the ability to think for themselves. I f you feel the need to shop, go shopping, if you fancy a pint, go for a pint, if you want to go for a walk, go for a walk, if you want to stay at home and listen to rant radio, stay at home. Do you also need spoon feeding when you eat.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
No, not really, it just givens an alternative viewpoint. One that suggests that the lockdown is a disproportionate response given the numbers and the likely number of lives saved (based on numbers) just doesn’t stack up with the impact it’ll have on those least at risk.
It's a piece that appears to be based on the faulty logic that the purpose of a lockdown is to save the lives of those who are infected. Rather than what it is for which is to prevent further infections.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Bullet point #1 in government coronavirus website is still ‘stay at home as much as possible’. And I 100% understand that.

But why is that piece of advice still there - and #1 piece of advice at that - given all the relaxation measures currently applied.

Now I know I am easily confused but I am confused by the contradiction it clearly gives rise to as surely it conflicts completely with a lot of what the government tells me I can do today - even more so from the tomorrow.

I can’t go to the pub and go non-essential shopping and stay at home as much as possible as I don’t need to do either of the former.

Surely you can see the need to prioritise.

The advice is still to stay at home. However where you have a need to venture out then you can if you follow the Covid advice on SD, face masks etc to businesses that are Covid compliant.

Containment is still needed.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Bullet point #1 in government coronavirus website is still ‘stay at home as much as possible’. And I 100% understand that.

You can't say you 100% understand it then write about how you don't understand it

Each winter when met office/ council/gov tell you to stay at home as much as possible after snowfall (or words meaning that exact thing) what do you then do when considering each excursion you could make? :unsure:

Just do that same logic (y)

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
No - I am looking at the government website and that tells me up front that I should stay at home as much as possible.

There is much I can do today that the government tells me I can do that is not essential and therefore is not following guideline #1 on the govs coronavirus guidelines Website.

But what a surprise - usual suspects choose to fail to see the contradiction in w
hat the government is telling us and rationalise it away as this government does no wrong - well actually they don’t - rather choosing to attack the messenger. Let’s see if it’s still there tomorrow.

Its a guideline!!!!!!!!

"Stay at home as much as possible...." Its not you must stay at home, nor is it you must go out. Its "stay at home as much as possible." You are being treated like an adult... you choose what you want to do. We have the same instruction here. We could be in a bar all day every day but we choose to "stay at home as much as possible," without taking on too much cabin fever. We avoid the tourist bars that are seeing people down from Madrid, and we avoid the tourist restaurants for the same reason. Would you go to Bournemouth beach when its rammed? No, you choose not to. Apply the same thought process.

If YOU want perfection in terms of not coming into contact with the virus, YOU stay at home permanently!! That's the black and white instruction you appear to want.

C'mon Hugh, you're being deliberately obtuse to make a political point against a govt you detest, or you're subconsciously choosing to do so.

If you can't understand that simple sentence, "stay at home as much as possible..." really?

D

Deleted member 21258

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Coronavirus: PM urges people to be sensible as England lockdown eased.

Pubs allowed to re-open from 6am on Saturday, government confirms.

2 headlines I've just read!

D

Deleted member 16999

The pub one is stop some opening just after midnight tonight.

U

User62651

Most will be sensible but you can almost guarantee an element will be paralytic and/or fighting their way to A&E. When has the UK ever been sensible about drinking be it here or on holiday in Spain/Greece/Cyprus etc etc? For many Brits definition of a great night out is drinking to such excess that they have zero recollection of the night before, that always brings trouble. That is part of our 'culture'.

PM is right to ask though, they have to ease lockdown bit by bit, see how it goes then either carry on unlocking or reel it back in again - 'suck it and see'.

Be great if the drinking 'culture' did change going forward - more consideration for others.

Last edited by a moderator:

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
And still the poor cricketers cant have a game! Can go to the cricket club, have a drink inside or outside, can even go on the ground all as long as you stay socially distanced, can practise in the nets, but you cant actually have a game of cricket because of "teas and changing rooms" according to Boris

Hard to believe a tory government could ever lose the cricket vote....... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 27823

This guy posts some really interesting stuff, only came across him last night, if anyone is following such stuff :-

https://twitter.com/EricTopol

Evidence starting to come in, that having it stops reinfection (well in the short term at least, bit like with Sars, so fingers crossed):-

https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status/1278753613179875328

Also a bit about t cells :-

https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status/1278738965974052865

Going to work my way back on his tweets.

Been following him for a while really informative stuff albeit a bit over my head scientifically at times.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Friends of my daughter booked a table for tomorrow night for drinks with a couple - and booked a table for later in another pub to have drinks with a different couple. Stupid, selfish or confused?

In any case - they are clearly not ‘staying at home if at all possible‘, so any subsequent issues are their own fault and nothing to do with any premature relaxation...?

See also PotUS playbook - come to my rally - have a great time and make me look good - but if you catch C19 it’s your own fault.?

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
And still the poor cricketers cant have a game! Can go to the cricket club, have a drink inside or outside, can even go on the ground all as long as you stay socially distanced, can practise in the nets, but you cant actually have a game of cricket because of "teas and changing rooms" according to Boris

Hard to believe a tory government could ever lose the cricket vote....... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

He lost mine when he described the ball as a vector of disease.

Speaking to a friend in Queensland yesterday, they are about to resume... However, no spit or sweat allowed on the ball. I guess sandpaper still ok

D

Deleted member 27823

I’m pretty horrified with some of the stuff I’m reading about pubs opening down there. From 6 am? Is that really necessary? Why not open but with reduced licensing hours? Ease us back in gently. Instead A&E depts warned to expect a couple of weeks of New Year’s Eve style nights?

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Most will be sensible but you can almost guarantee an element will be paralytic and/or fighting their way to A&E. When has the UK ever been sensible about drinking be it here or on holiday in Spain/Greece/Cyprus etc etc? For many Brits definition of a great night out is drinking to such excess that they have zero recollection of the night before, that always brings trouble. That is part of our 'culture'.

PM is right to ask though, they have to ease lockdown bit by bit, see how it goes then either carry on unlocking or reel it back in again - 'suck it and see'.

Be great if the drinking 'culture' did change going forward - more consideration for others.

Shouting lager, lager, lager, lager, Lager, lager, lager, mega, mega white thing, mega, mega, mega, mega white thing, mega, mega, shouting lager, lager, lager, lager, going back to Romford, mega, mega, mega......

I'd say there 2 hopes for that, and one of them is Bob.

Status
Not open for further replies.