Coronavirus - political views - supporting or otherwise...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Shouting lager, lager, lager, lager, Lager, lager, lager, mega, mega white thing, mega, mega, mega, mega white thing, mega, mega, shouting lager, lager, lager, lager, going back to Romford, mega, mega, mega......

I'd say there 2 hopes for that, and one of them is Bob.

Racist!!!!!!!!!! :p

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
This guy posts some really interesting stuff, only came across him last night, if anyone is following such stuff :-

https://twitter.com/EricTopol

Evidence starting to come in, that having it stops reinfection (well in the short term at least, bit like with Sars, so fingers crossed):-

https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status/1278753613179875328

Also a bit about t cells :-

https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status/1278738965974052865

Going to work my way back on his tweets.
I don't use twitter (the thinking man's wikipedia) but what is his reputation/background as an expert? Is he any more reliable than any other twitterer (or is it twit)? Has he mentioned 6G?

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
I’m pretty horrified with some of the stuff I’m reading about pubs opening down there. From 6 am? Is that really necessary? Why not open but with reduced licensing hours? Ease us back in gently. Instead A&E depts warned to expect a couple of weeks of New Year’s Eve style nights?

The owners of the pub my former D-in-L manages, with her current partner, have elected to not re-open until Monday lunch time... Suspect there'll be others adopting a similar strategy...

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed the UK’s overall number of positive tests has been revised down by about 30,000 in the last 24 hours?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I’m pretty horrified with some of the stuff I’m reading about pubs opening down there. From 6 am? Is that really necessary? Why not open but with reduced licensing hours? Ease us back in gently. Instead A&E depts warned to expect a couple of weeks of New Year’s Eve style nights?

I am hardly expecting most pubs to open at 6am, they will apply normal licencing hours. I suspect this is more geared towards those that rely on trade coming off night and early morning shifts to whom 6am is the same as 6pm to most people. My local is operating normal opening hours.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed the UK’s overall number of positive tests has been revised down by about 30,000 in the last 24 hours?

There was a bit of a back and forth on the news sites about what tests were appearing in the figures but I lost track of the argument a bit.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
The owners of the pub my former D-in-L manages, with her current partner, have elected to not re-open until Monday lunch time... Suspect there'll be others adopting a similar strategy...

Many locals pubs are operating the same way with staggered opening through the month and you need to book, even if it’s just to come in for coffee and cake.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Many locals pubs are operating the same way with staggered opening through the month and you need to book, even if it’s just to come in for coffee and cake.

Ours is all booking as well. For this weekend, invites went out to the regulars, then the village facebook page so, effectively it is closed to anyone outside of the immediate area. Suspect that we will be a more forgiving crowd to get the procedures correct on and then open up to the wider area next week.

D

Deleted member 21258

They removed double positives for the same person (so if one person got tested twice and was positive twice).

Given here :-

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/#category=utlas&map=rate

I don't use twitter (the thinking man's wikipedia) but what is his reputation/background as an expert? Is he any more reliable than any other twitterer (or is it twit)? Has he mentioned 6G?

I don't have a twitter account either, just save links and spy on people who post about the virus.;):LOL:

Hes no Ernie the fastest milkman in the west, but pretty well up there with knowledge(quite a number of his posts, link off to 'proper' websites as well :-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Topol

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site

I was surprised with this one as it's part of one of the big national chains... Especially as it's also the largest in the area with an absolute huge garden [lawned] area...

As I am now essentially teetotal I am not gagging for an ale... It's the craic I am missing... Particularly being able criticise government [the tories] and receive a hearty cheer, in return, rather than a big thumbs down ;)...

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Friends of my daughter booked a table for tomorrow night for drinks with a couple - and booked a table for later in another pub to have drinks with a different couple. Stupid, selfish or confused?

In any case - they are clearly not ‘staying at home if at all possible‘, so any subsequent issues are their own fault and nothing to do with any premature relaxation...?

See also PotUS playbook - come to my rally - have a great time and make me look good - but if you catch C19 it’s your own fault.?

Hopefully your daughter will stay well clear of her friends or, if not, you will ensure she stays away from you and your wife.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was surprised with this one as it's part of one of the big national chains... Especially as it's also the largest in the area with an absolute huge garden [lawned] area...

As I am now essentially teetotal I am not gagging for an ale... It's the craic I am missing... Particularly being able criticise government [the tories] and receive a hearty cheer, in return, rather than a big thumbs down ;)...

One of ours is a Young’s and they are still developing their app and looking at 23rd.

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
NS on air bridges - "Another governments shambolic decision making process"

When did the devolved governments get to set foreign policy? Have I missed something major?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.