Converted from the dark side !

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Microsoft/Apple, Microsoft/Apple ?

As you can tell from the time of this post (late!) I'm rather excited about my new iMac. My old pc gave up the ghost this week, hence the lack of posting. I asked it to start (or is it shut down ?...always confused me, that one), it blew up, and I've treated myself to a nice piece of non golf related kit for once.

Never been a fan of the Gates nonsense. Always reckoned I could do a better browser by rubbing sticks together. Was up and running with my e-mail and internet within 10 minutes of taking it out of the box, only problem being I had forgotten my GM forum password! Doh!

Anyway, compared to my old pc, it's like shooting an archer with a ray-gun. It's really not fair.

Any other Jedi knights out there or are we all members of the evil Empire? :D

stevelockie

Head Pro
Visit site
Members of the evil empire I'm afraid John! Certainly I am. One of my jobs is to look after our Windows network here at work. There are about 17 desktops running XP Pro. I've became very proficient at fixing problems (thanks Mr Gates).
I also seem to have a blossoming cottage industry, with friends and family wanting me to fix their machines all the time. All for nothing of course (thanks again Mr Gates).

grumpyjock

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I deflected the other way, brought up on apple and then fell under the way of the force.
Always thought the apple was simpler and easier to work.
but the case for world domination is greater.
hate them all realy when they are watching everything you do.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
I use XP (desktop) and Vista (laptop) + run a big Apple at work. I'd have got an apple ibook if it hadn't been for the price! I find Apples run far better and would gladly swap the lot.