Constant refreshing

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
...as already mentioned and for the hosts - this isn't a new issue...and it's one that I get on my android Nexus 7 and my iPad but not on Windows. It is very irritating and once it starts it happens continuously and every more frequently as I type. But as mentioned a clear of the cache/history and reboot seems to clear the problem...until it recurs - but that might not be for days if not weeks. I have not correlated it with any activity.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I was about to suggest that you'd best just wait a little while before making such confident a declaration...but @Dando has popped in with what I expected would be the case.

I’ve genuinely not had the same issue in the last 24 hours. Two days ago I wouldn’t have been able to reply to you!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I’ve genuinely not had the same issue in the last 24 hours. Two days ago I wouldn’t have been able to reply to you!
Indeed - that's the way of it. It happens repeatedly - almost continually. Then you clear the cache and reboot and al seems sorted. You think it's all over...but it isn't :(

CParsons

Administrator
Staff member
Visit site
Does this issue only happen on mobile devices? eg: iPhone, Android. If so, what browsers and are you opening it directly in the browser or are you using in-app browsers that some apps offer. This issue has been reported previously elsewhere when using embedded browsers, but I doubt anyone here is using Steam browser to view the forums but perhaps some other embedded browser / in-app browser.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Does this issue only happen on mobile devices? eg: iPhone, Android. If so, what browsers and are you opening it directly in the browser or are you using in-app browsers that some apps offer. This issue has been reported previously elsewhere when using embedded browsers, but I doubt anyone here is using Steam browser to view the forums but perhaps some other embedded browser / in-app browser.

It’s not happening currently for me, but when it was I was browsing on my iPhone using Safari.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Certainly has never happened to me on Windows, so likely only a 'via phone' issue.

CParsons

Administrator
Staff member
Visit site
I've been running some automated testing in an effort to replicate this, but so far have not come across the issue. Unfortunately, I think it's one of those things that is a timely issue and needs to be caught 'in the moment' to help diagnose. I've ran it on multiple Android browsers, Safari (Mac) and Safari (iOS simulator) and nothing has gone awry. I'll keep digging though.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I've been running some automated testing in an effort to replicate this, but so far have not come across the issue. Unfortunately, I think it's one of those things that is a timely issue and needs to be caught 'in the moment' to help diagnose. I've ran it on multiple Android browsers, Safari (Mac) and Safari (iOS simulator) and nothing has gone awry. I'll keep digging though.
I have a hunch that in any session it is related to something being downloaded from a previously visited site or sites. I am not 100% sure but I have a feeling that it doesn't happen when I come straight onto the Forum immediately on opening my browser and not visiting any other sites beforehand. It seems to happen (though not always) if I visit the forum after browsing elsewhere - and in general it stops for that browsing session when I completely clear my browsing history/cache. It happens on my Android Nexus 7 and my iPad - but not any Windows device.