Confused about bags...

RangeMonkey

Visit site
Having scoffed at the thought of using a trolley for the last six months, yesterday I went out on a course for just the second time...

So today, I’m thinking about trolleys ?

What I don’t quite get, and can’t really tell from product sites and online shops, is: do I need a cart bag, or will my carry (stand) bag fit on a trolley?

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
It depends on your carry bag and what trolley you have.

I have a Titleist 5 stand bag and it fits on my manual 3 wheel big max trolley fine. It does turn slightly but nothing too bad.

My friend on the other hand had the same trolley but had one of the Taylormade carry bags and it turned horrendously and also didnt have anything to clip the legs in so they were sticking out and rattling against the trolley which was very annoying.

D

Deleted member 18121

I have a motocaddy S1 with a H2NO stand bag and its fine....doesn't turn at all.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
I always have a cart bag for my trolley, many stand bags don't fit properly because of the stand mechanism on the base.

Diamond

Visit site
I have a Callaway stand bag and it turns on the trolley which is frustrating. I have ordered a Wilson Staff Cart Bag which also has 14 club compartments. The carry bag is handy for the range and lessons though.

jmf1488

Club Champion
Visit site
My course is quite hilly and I found pushing a trolley a lot more effort than carrying. I have an electric trolley now.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
Back when I was young and fit enough to walk the course, the trolleys were pull type. I don't know how to use the new push type.
We had a course nearby that I could walk and enjoyed doing it. It was a little par 54 course, designed by Geoffrey Cornish in 1965.
The cretins sold it to a developer for house lots this year.
A pox on all of them.

RangeMonkey

Visit site
Thanks all. Probably the best thing is to try my bag on a couple in store. I don’t really want to spend money on a new bag as well as a trolley.

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
Back when I was young and fit enough to walk the course, the trolleys were pull type. I don't know how to use the new push type.
We had a course nearby that I could walk and enjoyed doing it. It was a little par 54 course, designed by Geoffrey Cornish in 1965.
The cretins sold it to a developer for house lots this year.
A pox on all of them.

Try pushing it :cool:

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
like someone above, I have a big max trolley, and use a big max carry bag and it is perfect.

got a motocaddy cart bag that I don’t think i’ll be using for a while now!

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks all. Probably the best thing is to try my bag on a couple in store. I don’t really want to spend money on a new bag as well as a trolley.
Take your bag to the shop and see which trolley fits it best. You might end up buying a cart bag as well, that’s what I did. ;-(

RangeMonkey

Visit site
Motocaddy Aqualite standbag is light to carry, waterproof, and with a cut out in the base fits fine on trolleys.

ok...but I don’t need a bag, I need a trolley to fit my existing bag... the whole point is that I don’t want to buy a new bag, to the extent that if I need to, I won’t buy a trolley!

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
My daughter’s Stewart golf push trolley fits her ping stand bag pretty well. It appears to have slots in the top for the legs to stop the bag turning. They sell a small bag strap too but she’s never needed one.

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
some manufacturers/retailers offer free bags when purchasing a new electric trolley

Stewart Golf, used to guarantee that every make of bag would fit their trollies. iirc