Composite best 18 GB&I golf holes in this months magazine

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm struggling to think of a better par 3 than the 5th at Sunningdale new and The 11th at Hillside is possibly the best golf hole I've played.
18th at Gleneagles Kings is also a bit of a stunner as is that rollercoaster hole in the middle of Formby..10th?

D

Deleted member 21258

Pop those links hole out of the list, we need some pretty trees and heathland and a eagleable par 5 for the 18th, we need drama.

How about for the 18th reachable par 5, a 2nd shot to a green the size of a football pitch, followed by probably 3 or 4 putts,:rofl: the cracking 18th at Beau :-

https://www.bdgc.co.uk/hole_18

Or a great elevated tee with a sweeping dogleg left to right for an eagleable par 5, the 18th at Delamere :-

http://www.delameregolf.co.uk/course/the_course/hole_18

You cant remove the 10th at sunningdale from the list, that is so hmm great hole, would love a BBQ up by the tee and watch the world go by.:D

D

Deleted Member 1156

Pop those links hole out of the list, we need some pretty trees and heathland and a eagleable par 5 for the 18th, we need drama.

How about for the 18th reachable par 5, a 2nd shot to a green the size of a football pitch, followed by probably 3 or 4 putts,:rofl: the cracking 18th at Beau :-

https://www.bdgc.co.uk/hole_18

Or a great elevated tee with a sweeping dogleg left to right for an eagleable par 5, the 18th at Delamere :-

http://www.delameregolf.co.uk/course/the_course/hole_18

You cant remove the 10th at sunningdale from the list, that is so hmm great hole, would love a BBQ up by the tee and watch the world go by.:D

Can I just point out that this thread is about the BEST holes in GB&I. :whistle:

The Autumn Wind

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've played the 1st on The Old Course, the 1st at Saunton East, and the 1st at Gleneagles Kings, which seem to be getting a lot of the votes. Great opening holes.

But the very best opening hole I've played in the UK is the 1st at St Georges Hill (Red Course). Just a stunning hole and location.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I think the 14th at St Andrews is a great par 5.

10th at St Georges Hill (1st hole on the blue) is a lovely hole.

I really like the 6th and 18th at West Hill as well. Two really tough par 4's

10th at my place is not bad either.:whistle:

merv79

Head Pro
www.ferndowngolfclub.co.uk
I think the 14th at St Andrews is a great par 5.

10th at St Georges Hill (1st hole on the blue) is a lovely hole.

I really like the 6th and 18th at West Hill as well. Two really tough par 4's

10th at my place is not bad either.:whistle:

Agree, I think 18th at West Hill is one of the best heathland finishing holes, Hindhead 18th is lovely too, right in front of clubhouse.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm struggling to think of a better par 3 than the 5th at Sunningdale new and The 11th at Hillside is possibly the best golf hole I've played.
18th at Gleneagles Kings is also a bit of a stunner as is that rollercoaster hole in the middle of Formby..10th?

The 10th is the par 3 mate.

9th is the looooooong par 4 which is the only hole you see the sea from.

If its the par 5 from a raised tee, which encourages a draw, as big slopes off to the left and the right, thats the 8th - agree a stunning hole, wont look out of place on Hillside.:D

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

If its the par 5 from a raised tee, which encourages a draw, as big slopes off to the left and the right, thats the 8th - agree a stunning hole, wont look out of place on Hillside.:D

7-8-9-10-11-12 are a superb run of holes at Formby

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site

I must be thinking of the 7th.....I think.
It's The first of that stretch of really good holes.
To be fair the par 5 after it is superb too.
In fact I've just changed my mind about the 11th at Hillside... The 8th at Formby is better ;)