Competition tee time booking

G

guest100718

the drawn ones you specify if you want an early or late time
for others you just decide on the day if you want to enter.

D

Deleted member 17920

Three weeks before the comp you can sign up online or give the pro shop a call.

We do early middle or late AM.

Wednesday before the comp the random draw is made.

works well, but our comps are not oversubscribed and most importantly everyone gets to play with different people and not just their mates.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Online form goes up about 1 month before the comp. Enter at a designated time slot i.e. 8-8.30, 9-9.30, then on the Wednesday before the comp you are allotted a tee time within the slot you asked for unless it really full then they get you into the next slot. So you are never really far away from where you wanted. Tee sheet also goes up in the clubhouse as well as the computer in the clubhouse to enter for those that don't have the means at home.

Works well for us, always plenty of slots available, and you generally always get the slot you want. It is mainly the same people in each slot as well. I always get out in the early stages somewhere between 8-8.30, and usually get paired with/around the same guys that like to get out early.

Matty6

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
12 days before the comp (7pm Monday) you can sign up online. You can also book in via the pro shop. It works really well but it can be difficult to get a decent tee time if you're not ready to book at 7pm. We have lots of entrants for all of our comps all year round. There is a reserve list held in the pro shop as there are always drop outs leading up to the comp.

lukeysafc100

Head Pro
Visit site
It sounds to me that you are disadvantaging people at home though! I know I could go down to the club at 4pm on Friday and that favours the retired members - who can play virtually anytime!

Personally I would open it up at 4pm - with home access available then everyone has an opportunity!

This an issue in virtually every club! Our club open the slots 1 week before hand at 6:30am using BRS. Everyone has an opportunity! you have to fast though! Issue with our systems are - one person can book 4 people in! So some clicks put they group in full slots even though they don't play as they give the passwords out!

Personally for competitions I have always felt a ballot is necessary! Put your name in the competition and preferred tee time and then pull them out the hat!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Bookings for our first medals of the year on March 18th and 19th will be open from Monday 6th Feb 07:00am. I can book on-line; by phone, or in person at the club - and can book a time slot for myself and up to two PPs. If I want a (very) early slot I've gotta get in quick - but I can usually get my preferred time of around 9:20am without too much bother - if I am prompt. These days our medals and most other comps are fully booked up to the final bookable slot of 11am.

We have dispensed of hardcopy booking sheets pinned up in entrance hall or changing room.

In fact - New Years resolution just made - I will now go and put a reminder in my diary for 07:00am Monday 6th Feb :) Will also ask if that is supposed to be 6th Feb and not a mistake and should be 6th March...

Last edited:

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
Our online booking for comps goes live at 07:00 on Saturday 2 weeks before the comp. By 07:01 most of the slots before 09:00 have been taken.

Ross61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Sheets go on the notice board normally a month ahead. 3 tee time blocks to choose from. A week before comp sheet removed and drawn with each group comprising of a low,a medium and a high handicapper. HDID email sent to you with tee time and FC's names.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I can see the advantage of on line booking but if we went down that road I hope it would be in the way that a person can only book there slot and not have multiple slot booking.

Our on-line booking allows you to book yourself plus up to two PPs in a single time slot. You cannot book self or others into a second time slot.

Tarkus1212

Challenge Tour Pro
www.johnogauntgolfclub.co.uk
We have to enter either in the clubhouse on one of two terminals or online. Both open at the same time so no-one is discriminated against.

For medals we enter at a specific time slot. For most other comps we enter and can request a preference for early or late but with no guarantee that you'll get what you want. They're going to experiment with entering into an hour slot e.g. 10am to 11am and drawing pairings from within those slots.

Our membership has an average age approaching 70 and everyone who wants to play in comps seems to be coping with computerisation.

fenwayrich

Assistant Pro
Visit site
What a fantastic response, many thanks to everyone who replied. I have found this forum very helpful since I joined 3 years ago, so I am not surprised. It's good to know that most folk are satisfied with the system their club has adopted.

I would like at least some of our competitions to draw playing companions and start times within a preferred time scale, but I suspect that is a bridge too far at present. Shame, because, although the club has lots of great members, there is a bit of an 'us and them' atmosphere (emanating from both sides of the age/ability divide).

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Sheet with every time slot from course open until about midday

Put your name down where ever you want if it is free.

D

Deleted member 21258

Sheet with every time slot from course open until about midday

Put your name down where ever you want if it is free.

Basically all are the same as this, a paper sheet. Some are drawn but very few.

Really easy.