Cobra connect grips

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
I have one on a 3 wood I recently purchased. Think it’s basically the Arccos smart grip technology which has a chip in the end of the grip.

I will be changing the grip as I prefer the MCC+4 and use Shotscope V2 tags so it’s of no use to me.

Is it worth trying to salvage the grip to pass on to somebody who wants to use it? Seems sacrilege really as it’s a brand new grip and chip which i’d rather give someone than chuck in the bin.

It could possible be blown off but this would require removal of the chip assuming this can just be re-applied with adhesive or would it render it useless?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have one on a 3 wood I recently purchased. Think it’s basically the Arccos smart grip technology which has a chip in the end of the grip.

I will be changing the grip as I prefer the MCC+4 and use Shotscope V2 tags so it’s of no use to me.

Is it worth trying to salvage the grip to pass on to somebody who wants to use it? Seems sacrilege really as it’s a brand new grip and chip which i’d rather give someone than chuck in the bin.

It could possible be blown off but this would require removal of the chip assuming this can just be re-applied with adhesive or would it render it useless?

I dunno how you would get it off as where would you blow the air with the hole covered by the chip

I throw my cobra connect in the bin after I got it removed

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
The chips are very much secured, I made a mess of removing mine from the driver, i think you would need to remove the grip with chip intact somehow

pool888

Assistant Pro
Visit site
To remove grips I use a welding rod which has been doubled over so it has a U shape at the end so there's no sharp point to scratch the shaft or bust through the grip. Put a drop of grip solvent under the grip and work the rod around under the grip adding solvent as you go, couple of minutes and the grip is off. You can buy tools for this but unless your doing lots of grips it's not worth it, definitely not worth it for one grip anyway.

s-l640.jpg

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
In this case i'll just cut it off and put a new one on, trying to be a little more eco friendly and waste less but it's not worth risking damage to the shaft as I know my luck. I'm too heavy handed and would crack or split the shaft.

pool888

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It's really easy and have never damaged a shaft yet as the rod is working between the grip and the tape so your not even touching the shaft, you would have to be very heavy handed to damage the shaft, but probably only worth the effort if you plan to remove other grips in the future.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's really easy and have never damaged a shaft yet as the rod is working between the grip and the tape so your not even touching the shaft, you would have to be very heavy handed to damage the shaft, but probably only worth the effort if you plan to remove other grips in the future.

Sorry but this surely won’t work with what the OP is asking

Normal grip fine

But cobra connect? It will ruin the sensor sticking it in the fluid and there isn’t a hole for the fluid to go in

pool888

Assistant Pro
Visit site
There is no need to stick the sensor in fluid, he is using a tub to catch excess but if your reasonably careful you wont need that, it only takes a small amount of solvent to remove a grip, not sure what you mean about there being no hole as the solvent goes in from the lower end of the grip not the butt end. There must be a way to remove these grips without damaging them as I've seen sets for sale removed from new clubs.

It looks like the sensors are fitted after the grips are on which makes sense as it would be hard to fit a grip without a vent hole. Looks like it may be possible to warm up the sensor and remove it.

https://www.cobragolf.com/connect-install-guide

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There is no need to stick the sensor in fluid, he is using a tub to catch excess but if your reasonably careful you wont need that, it only takes a small amount of solvent to remove a grip, not sure what you mean about there being no hole as the solvent goes in from the lower end of the grip not the butt end. There must be a way to remove these grips without damaging them as I've seen sets for sale removed from new clubs.

It looks like the sensors are fitted after the grips are on which makes sense as it would be hard to fit a grip without a vent hole. Looks like it may be possible to warm up the sensor and remove it.

Fair enough, I bow to your experience here

The guy who took mine off did ask if I wanted to keep it.. maybe I should have? But never mind what’s done is done

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I blew the grips off a couple of demo clubs. I wondered why they had the deep recess in the butt. When they were on the demo clubs they had the shaft speck 'button' in them.

So the simple answer is if you want to keep the sensor but are not worried about the grip cut the grip off and then cut the sensor out of the butt it may push off by pushing something through the hole in the grip.