Clubs with multiple settings

Grizzly

Visit site
This is, I concede, probably a daft question but...I am aware that you carry 14 clubs, and cannot change the settings of a club within the course of a round. However, I am curious as to whether there is provision for one club to take up two of your 14 club allocation, if the two sets of specifications were cleared identified at the start of the round (eg could I carry my driver, where the moveable weights have forward and back as the only two settings, and declare it as two clubs?)

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Covered by Rule 4.1a(3)

Deliberately Changing Club’s Performance Characteristics During Round. A player must not make a stroke with a club whose performance characteristics he or she deliberately changed during the round (including while play is stopped under Rule 5.7a):

• By using an adjustable feature or physically changing the club (except when allowed to repair damage under Rule 4.1a(2))

rulie

Head Pro
Visit site
This is, I concede, probably a daft question but...I am aware that you carry 14 clubs, and cannot change the settings of a club within the course of a round. However, I am curious as to whether there is provision for one club to take up two of your 14 club allocation, if the two sets of specifications were cleared identified at the start of the round (eg could I carry my driver, where the moveable weights have forward and back as the only two settings, and declare it as two clubs?)
Simply, no. It can only count as one club and, as posted above, must not be adjusted (regardless of how many clubs you started with).

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
But nothing to stop you buying two of the clubs and having each with a different setting in your bag.

Spend more money on clubs, problem solved.
Win, win.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As per Crow

If you want two identical clubs with different setting nothing wrong with carrying two provided you do not exceed 14 club rule.

I sometimes do something similar when I want to compare one shaft against another.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It’s a very good idea.
think if you could have 7 clubs that do the work of 14.

can’t see it but would need a radical change in the rules.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It’s a very good idea.
think if you could have 7 clubs that do the work of 14.

can’t see it but would need a radical change in the rules.

Have you seen that one club that's 14 different clubs.. £400 but litterally just carry one club round , great for holidays or practice

Shame can't use officially

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Have you seen that one club that's 14 different clubs.. £400 but litterally just carry one club round , great for holidays or practice

Shame can't use officially

You can find older versions on eBay, "Whole in One", "The Adjustable" and similar names.
My favourite is the Glovers Patent, but unfortunately they're quite rare.

1679510487711.png

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You can find older versions on eBay, "Whole in One", "The Adjustable" and similar names.
My favourite is the Glovers Patent, but unfortunately they're quite rare.

View attachment 47054
That looks like a prime piece of engineering.
first glance I thought “ jeez their good they have worn the sweet spot”
but on closer inspection it’s a emblem .
do you know what it is.?

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
That looks like a prime piece of engineering.
first glance I thought “ jeez their good they have worn the sweet spot”
but on closer inspection it’s a emblem .
do you know what it is.?

I don't think it is an emblem, here's a picture of another club and on this one it's just a pattern of dots, it could be dirt or corrosion on the first picture.

1679516607795.png