Clothing for Autumn Golf

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I don't like to feel too restricted if I do venture out when it's chilly.
I have some UA base layers, and whilst they are good at what they do, I do feel "trussed up" in them.
I much prefer wearing something like this under a nice woolen sweater (preferably Glenmuir)...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Woodworm-Ro...1446100436&sr=8-1&keywords=woodworm+roll+neck

Not as restrictive as compression tops, and at 2 for £15.00 they are cheap enough.
As for trousers, I tend to wear chino's all of the time and will just pop a pair of thermal long johns on underneath if it is particularly nippy.
That'll do for me.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I have some UA base layers, and whilst they are good at what they do, I do feel "trussed up" in them.

UA also do base layers that aren't the compression type.

Not quite as warm as a compression top imo, but far more comfortable. Like wearing a long sleeve t-shirt under your polo.

jdpjamesp

Q-School Graduate
www.jdpalmer.co.uk
UA also do base layers that aren't the compression type.

Not quite as warm as a compression top imo, but far more comfortable. Like wearing a long sleeve t-shirt under your polo.
Yeah this is what I got. It's labelled as "Fitted" rather than compression and is a joy to wear. The neck is a little restrictive for the first 30 minutes or so but you get used to it.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Yeah this is what I got. It's labelled as "Fitted" rather than compression and is a joy to wear. The neck is a little restrictive for the first 30 minutes or so but you get used to it.

I've got a base layer from one of the rugby companies which has a neck like a t-shirt rather than the crew neck style under armour seem to use - I prefer it to my UA stuff - don't like feeling restricted at the neck

Clothes I wear for winter golf are pretty much the same as I'd wear to photograph football over the next couple of months - waterproof trousers, base layer, polo shirt, thin jersey, wooly hat, GG Skyler around neck and Footjoy jacket - only differences are I'm likely to have long johns on while photographing (I've never found a need for that level of warmth while golfing) and I'll wear hiking boots and a North Face bigger jacket rather than the Footjoy.

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
In terms of trousers I love Adidas Fall weight trousers- can be pretty expensive (for me anyway at £50) but can sometimes get them for £30. Can wear them all year round but a tad heavier for the cold weather.

Really comfy too

mefromhere

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Can anybody recommend the Sunice windshirts or otherwise another warm windshirt with a potential fleece type lining?
Last weekend was cold!