Clothes for golf from non-golf retailers

Zig

Visit site
TK Maxx is one of those places where everyone else gets lucky but I only seem to go there when it is full of tat. I've picked up a bargain in the home wear section but never clothes. Maybe my local one is just the tat dumping ground shop?

Try their website, search for polos, and then filter for your size. Got Lindburg and RLX tops last week. ;)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I buy specific golf gear from TK Maxx (the one near me is not so much of a jumble sale as others). Found a number of major golf brand polos in there and rarely more than £15.00.
Yeah, this. If you have a scour through TK Maxx you do find a few bits of golf clothing in there. I recently found a Ralph Lauren RLX golf polo in there for £20.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Highly recommend Uniqlo

Great prices - quality is all good - no branding or logos, which I've never for golf been that fussed about for a golf polo

GBC
Based on your post I had a look at their site and ended up buying a pair of shorts and a polo shirt - arrived today, seem to be decent quality - ta

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
i'm on the hunt out for a decent set of waterproofs...everything golf branded is just far too expensive.

Considering the decathlon inesis waterproof jacket and trousers
There was a topic recently about waterproof clothing, a lot of information on there you should read.

Basically, golf has their own set of movement and golf waterproofs are best for this. Doesn't have to be Galvin Green, though. But once iy you can stretch to it.

OK, just searched it and it was your topic anyway: https://forums.golf-monthly.co.uk/threads/wearing-non-golfing-waterproofs.105643/

Regarding the general topic, I started playing with normal polos as I was working for a 'leading clothing manufacturer', but that lasted 2 range sessions before I got a cheap golf specific polo. Cotton just doesn't cut it, and also the range of movements were restricted. A cheap purpose polo is better than an expensive fashionable one. Chinos might be different because while you rotate a bit you don't move that much overall.

Saying that, one of the best guys I have played with on a Friday evening rocked up every week in a smart sky blue shirt but no tie, sleeves rolled up, and shooting the lights out.

Sekiro

Visit site
If shopping on a budget maybe try Decathlon, their range of golf stuff for the most part is subtle (minimal/no logos/neutral colours) and a lot of it would easily be dual function. I just picked up two pairs of their golf trousers and love them (ordered 2 more this morning). I’m probably going to try a few of the other items in the range too as they are definitely pocket friendly and seem to get good reviews;

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/C-10856-golf

If you are wanting a more high street option then most of your expected stores will suit something for all budgets (Primark, Uniqlo, M&S, Next, Debenhams, etc etc). Personally, although maybe more expensive than you want to spend but I’ve found the Calvin Klein Golf range to be great, especially the polos, they are plain with a single small “ck” logo, good slim fit with enough stretch making them comfortable for golf, wash well and are perfect for office, casual pint with the lads and hitting the course (I was wearing them before taking up golf).

With the current COVID-19 situation I thought I’d throw in an online only alternative, ASOS are a great retailer with a huge selection of stock, they have everything from own-brand budget stuff right through to premium brands, they do chinos, shirts, caps, belts etc etc, everything you could need and late next-day ordering which is convenient;

https://www.asos.com/men/

Additionally, I’ve recently been inundated with adverts for Druids Golf, they have some great deals on at the moment, although their stuff might be a little out there if you are wanting it to transition from the office to the course, still they have some nice plain stuff so give them a look, the ambassador package at the moment which is a great way to get a full range of clothes at an affordable budget;

https://druidsgolf.uk/

Finally, Amazon now seem to do their own brand of “Amazon Essentials” golf clothing, I’ve not tried it but the reviews seem very favourable and one of the benefits with Amazon is their simple returns process, give them a look;

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=Amazon+essentials+golf&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

The thing with golf clothing, as long as you don’t go too loud and jazzy it should be a fine fit for a casual office environment// dress-down Fridays, so don’t limit yourself to non-golf clothing (the Decathlon golf trousers are no different to the usual chino trousers I would wear for work, they just have more stretch with reinforced pockets - I’ve ordered two more pairs as I’m that pleased with them).

sunshine

Visit site
Highly recommend Uniqlo

Great prices - quality is all good - no branding or logos, which I've never for golf been that fussed about for a golf polo

GBC

Adam Scott used to wear Uniqlo clothes. Polos are good for golf.

I find normal chinos a bit thick for golf. OK at the range but not for walking 18 holes. Golf specific trousers are much thinner and lighter and dry much quicker when it rains (and often have a water repellent coating).

golfbluecustard

Head Pro
Visit site
Adam Scott used to wear Uniqlo clothes. Polos are good for golf.

I find normal chinos a bit thick for golf. OK at the range but not for walking 18 holes. Golf specific trousers are much thinner and lighter and dry much quicker when it rains (and often have a water repellent coating).
fof

In a moment of madness a few years ago brought 2 GG polo shirts at ? each they looked great but 2 years and a few washes later have been retired as they look knackered, and they weren't over used

Never again

GBC