Clothes for golf from non-golf retailers

MrC

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi

anyone buy their golf clothes from non-golf retailers.

I am thinking/looking for polo and chino style trousers that can be work and golf.

C

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have never bought clothes from a golfing specific retailer, I am not rich enough.

I would sooner buy 5 shirts for £40 from a major discount shop than one for £40 from a golf shop.

Most of my clothes are generic and come from places like Sports Direct, Matalan Primark. Chinos are mainly from Marks and Spencer or Matalan because I like the fit.

jmf1488

Club Champion
Visit site
Although not non golf store but I bought chinos from Trendy golf and you can easily wear them off the course.

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
I find the idea that you need special clothes for golf to be hysterical - those that pay £70 for a polo shirt just because it's made by Galvin Green or Under Armour must have the rest of their lives absolutely nailed. I'd rather have a cheap shirt and spend the rest on a lesson.

golfbluecustard

Head Pro
Visit site
I find the idea that you need special clothes for golf to be hysterical - those that pay £70 for a polo shirt just because it's made by Galvin Green or Under Armour must have the rest of their lives absolutely nailed. I'd rather have a cheap shirt and spend the rest on a lesson.

?

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Utter nonsense!!!! Everyone knows proper golf attire adds 10 yards for every item you wear- just wish I could find golf specific underwear ???

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've only got one actual golf polo shirt. The rest are just bog standard polo shirts. Personally I find that too many golf shirts look chintzy and are garish.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I buy specific golf gear from TK Maxx (the one near me is not so much of a jumble sale as others). Found a number of major golf brand polos in there and rarely more than £15.00.

Another vote for Landsend as well. Their seconds shop in Oakham used to be great for total bargains as well.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
One of the great benefits of golf specific gear is that it doesn't need ironing after being washed (y).

In terms of trousers the golf specific ones are very light, more breathable than chinos, and if there is light rain it tends to bead off compared to chinos which absorb the water and hold it.

The tops are lighter than cotton so that is an advantage. Mfrs like the material as it gives them greater scope for colours, brightness and combinations.

None of the above factors are critical but they help. No need to spend a fortune, buy smart at the end of a season.

BennyBoy85

Visit site
TK Maxx is great for branded bargains. Managed to pick up a Ralph Lauren golf polo and a J Lindeberg polo on my last trip. Obviously you need to get lucky and not mind trawling through the rails!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
TK Maxx is great for branded bargains. Managed to pick up a Ralph Lauren golf polo and a J Lindeberg polo on my last trip. Obviously you need to get lucky and not mind trawling through the rails!
TK Maxx is one of those places where everyone else gets lucky but I only seem to go there when it is full of tat. I've picked up a bargain in the home wear section but never clothes. Maybe my local one is just the tat dumping ground shop?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
TK Maxx is one of those places where everyone else gets lucky but I only seem to go there when it is full of tat. I've picked up a bargain in the home wear section but never clothes. Maybe my local one is just the tat dumping ground shop?

Go on their website and click and collect.

D

Deleted member 21258

A lot of my golf clothing comes from Sports Direct (Dunlop/Slazenger), cheap and cheerful