Clothes - do you follow fashion?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Similar for me in that if Fat Face and White Stuff become fashionable then so do I. However, it has not happened so far thankfully. I like to think of my choices as timeless :D, ie never in or out of fashion.

Wearing fashion must be expensive as you have to keep changing your clothes as fashions change. I can't be bothered with that, never could.

I’ve always thought that (particularly for men) there’s a market for a store that only sells Regular clothes

So no skinny, baggy, flared or boot cut trousers/chinos/jeans etc, just all the waist sizes in three lengths of regular fit leg (with Short/Medium/Long). No pleats or extra pockets either, jeans not in 5 shades of blue and 10 other colours, just regular denim blue and black as an option (& no I don't need another belt with it)
No shirts/tops in ‘narrow’ or baggy fit or 20 shades of gingham, just solid colours and regular torso fit (only options being long sleeve or short sleeve)

Just the stuff any guy between 30 & 60 wants, hassle free. The place would be cheap to run too as it only needs to be open Saturday mornings between 9-11am because every bloke is in before the high street is busy, pick up shirt, jeans etc, pay, go home! (maybe stop at greggs for a sausage roll)

Scozzy

Medal Winner
Visit site
Sadly...or happily I've had pretty much the same haircut for 25 years and if you looked at photos from back in the day I'll be wearing jeans and t-shirts... just like now but I can afford nicer ones! When I dress up someone's died or is getting married

adam6177

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I bought some new skinny Jean's last week funnily enough 🤔, they were full length in my defence though 😁

I find it difficult to find "normal" trousers now... Everything seems skinny and with a build like mine that isn't flattering!

U

User62651

I was only sort of in fashion once, by accident, when grunge came out about 1991. Was wearing old jeans, work boots and a padded lumberjack shirt and I was suddenly hip.;) Thanks Nirvana and Pearl Jam.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
In daily life no. I have a few decent brands for going out in, a couple of nice suits, shirts and ties for formal/work use and otherwise happy to simply look presentable in public. Golf wise I have preferred brands (FJ and Ping in the main although quite taken by some of the recent adidas stuff) and while not following any fashion rend in golf these are the makes I'll go to first

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not one little bit and usually avoid any golf events that require a change out of golfing attire! The ladies at my club like nothing more than getting all fancied up - alebit not the latest fashion!!

I have been doing some exam invigilating and fascinating to see the hairstyles and uniforms adapted to follow trends.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
In all honesty, I loved the eighties, fashion seemed to follow the music. New romance, put Tash down in that category.
But today am not to sure there are " fashions" unless growing an oversize beard and looking like a Victorian chimney sweep counts. Ie waistcoat, flat cap.

Hell no Tash!!🙀

The ONLY music with style in the 80s was two-tone!...A nice pair of Green/gold trousers, a smart button down shirt and finished off with a pair of brogues 😎
Actually the trousers were a little short to flash off the bright white socks so maybe fashion hasn’t moved on much in 35 years! 😮

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
I would love to be able to follow the fashion of wearing statement tee shirts... But, until the makers realise that someone wearing XXL needs something larger than a polo mint size hole to fit their neck in...

So, sticking with the Hawaiian shirt with shorts look...

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Never really got the idea of wearing what someone else tells you is the thing to wear. Clothes and labels have never bothered me. Spend all day in a suit and tie so when I get home I dress for comfort and as far away from that as possible Have spent most my life wearing jeans, a hoodie or one for my old rugby shirts and a pair of vans or converse. No labels on anything except the shoes and that is because I know that they are comfortable, last and I like the look.

I am 46 years old, plenty think I should dress my age a bit more but the whole semi smart casual thing has never been me. Guess this is why I rebel against clubhouse dress codes.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not a fashion follower, but like what I like and rarely move away from it. Never in or out of fashion I suppose. Branded polo necks (Fred Perry, Lacoste, Ralph Lauren and Hugo Boss), or dress shirts coupled with jeans or chinos, depending on the formality suit most occasions outside of work. I like my jackets/kagools though and can be a bit particular about them. All of the above last years and years being that they are never really in or out of fashion and so are good investments.

Also, I'm quite particular about my footwear. Trainers have to be Adidas Originals. Shoes preferably Clarks' Wallabees or Desert Boots.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
I’ve always thought that (particularly for men) there’s a market for a store that only sells Regular clothes

So no skinny, baggy, flared or boot cut trousers/chinos/jeans etc, just all the waist sizes in three lengths of regular fit leg (with Short/Medium/Long). No pleats or extra pockets either, jeans not in 5 shades of blue and 10 other colours, just regular denim blue and black as an option (& no I don't need another belt with it)
No shirts/tops in ‘narrow’ or baggy fit or 20 shades of gingham, just solid colours and regular torso fit (only options being long sleeve or short sleeve)

Just the stuff any guy between 30 & 60 wants, hassle free. The place would be cheap to run too as it only needs to be open Saturday mornings between 9-11am because every bloke is in before the high street is busy, pick up shirt, jeans etc, pay, go home! (maybe stop at greggs for a sausage roll)

I think literally 95% of my clothes buying in the past few years has been online from Gap. I know what size fits me and they are always doing some kind of sale. I don't think I have walked into a shop to buy clothes in a decade or so now.