Cleaning your gear

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I played yesterday ... very muddy ... and brought home half of the course on my trolley. This morning it took me a long time to clean the trolley, the wheels, my shoes and clubs. I do this nearly every time I play in the winter, which got me thinking ... what do others do? In winter, do you just throw your gear in the garage and play with it dirty next time, cleaning it once in a blue moon, or do you clean it nearly every time? Perhaps I’m just anal about my gear ... after all, I do have head covers on my irons 😂😂.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Shoes and irons I clean the moment I get back, only during the winter mud period. Trolley, I leave to dry, chip the worst of the mud off a few days later but don't actually clean it. At this time of year it is a battle I can't be bothered fighting every time I go out because I can't win it.

Iron covers :eek:. Fight it, get help :D

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I am pretty good at cleaning clubs and shoes when get home! My wife seems to leave her golf stuff for me to do!!

Last weekend I asked her if she ever cleaned her clubs, she replied "about as often as you clean a toilet!!" Considered myself told!

😂😂😂

mhwgc

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Use the air compressor at the club to clean off any mud from the soles of the shoes and the worst of it from the trolley and always clean everything afterwards!

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
It's something I never really appreciate until I don't play on the coast.

Shoes and bottom of my waterproof trousers caked in crud. Mud on my clubs, bag, trolley if I don't carry, all transferred into the boot of the car.

Sometimes I don't appreciate how lucky I have it. Stamp my feet after my round and I can drive home in my golf shoes.

Wolf

Visit site
Always carry ila stand bag in the winter as can't be bothered with the mud a trolley gets caked in. Means can clean clubs as I walk along unhindered

After a round air hose my shoes and clean them and ylmy clubs when I get home. I wear my waterproof bottoms every round in winter save the normal trouser getting muddy, give them a wash every few rounds and jobs a goodun

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The club heads get cleaned after every shot. the grips after 2-3 rounds.

The shoes get a good blowing over with the air compressor and the buggy gets a birthday once a year. If I used a trolley it would get done using the air compressor.

hines57

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Try to clean both clubs and shoes after each round - including putting dubbin on the shoes. I've put the trolley in the garage for the winter - it just gets so mucky that cleaning has become a major chore. Half a set in a carry bag and a bit of shot creativity to cover the missing clubs!!

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Shoes and trolley get a blast with the air gun at the course.
Clubs get a warm water soak in a bowl when i get home then dried off and put back in the bag

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Try to clean both clubs and shoes after each round - including putting dubbin on the shoes. I've put the trolley in the garage for the winter - it just gets so mucky that cleaning has become a major chore. Half a set in a carry bag and a bit of shot creativity to cover the missing clubs!!

I am seriously thinking of going down that route, other than for comps.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Clubs I clean in a bucket after a round.. I wipe on towel when dirty on course .. so their never that dirty

Shoes I just got this https://bootbuddy.com/products/boot...1jaenGfUQj3sK5Jan57B0ztogvUU0oOxoCuwkQAvD_BwE

It’s really good. Fill it up leave in boot of car then clean them quickly after the round

Trolley? Pfft that’s what a trolley bag is for.. leave it muddy.. doesn’t affect it...

User2021

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Clubs - wipe as I do with towel on the bag.
Then when I get home, clean each one with a baby wipe and dry.

Trolley - blast it off with the air hose at the club.

Shoes, worst off with air hose at club, then clean properly when home.
In summer its a wipe over with baby wipes and may be a bit of thin bleach on white shoes.
In winter, its often a bit more involved.

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It's something I never really appreciate until I don't play on the coast.

Shoes and bottom of my waterproof trousers caked in crud. Mud on my clubs, bag, trolley if I don't carry, all transferred into the boot of the car.

Sometimes I don't appreciate how lucky I have it. Stamp my feet after my round and I can drive home in my golf shoes.

This for me too, except replace 'the coast' with 'heath'.

Vast difference between the free draining heathland and west midlands clay.

Whilst cleaning clubs is quite cathartic cleaning heavy mud off trolley and shoes is not!

D

Deleted member 25172

Wipe em’ clean after every shot and then they get some TLC with soap water and a scrub after each round.