Cleaning irons

JV24601

Head Pro
Visit site
What's the best solution to clean my irons then - is it the washing up liquid and water??

I have matte silver irons and can't seem to get stubborn marks off them, like tee marks and marker pen from my small ball marking.
I'm a tad OCD and it annoys me that I can't get them gleaming!

chip barm

Club Champion
Visit site
i've been thinking of trying the stuff i clean my bike with. muc-off. no acids or chemicals or solvents. it's alkaline based and biodegradable so you can chuck it down the sink. it's fine on plastics like tanks and fairings but also fine on metals like the swing arm or frame. even discs and pads. you can agitate it if you want to remove more stubborn dirt but it shifts most of it pretty easily without that. spray it on. leave it a minute. rinse it off.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Once you get them spotless, put them in a display cabinet and don't use them again or you'll be right back to square 1 again 👍

D

Deleted Member 1156

HAHA, as soon as i saw you were the last 'poster' on this thread i expected a sarcastic comment.

:D

Well, they are metal sticks designed to hit balls around a muddy field, not works of art :smirk:

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
I use an old toothbrush, warming water with fairy liquid and a cap of Milton.
Use it for the grips too. Great job, my sticks are always clean, give them a wipe after every shot and make sure no dirt left in grooves either.

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
Distilled water prevents limescale buildup happening in the first place but a mild vinegar solution will help remove any build up. 😚