Ping G700 irons

DT2020

Visit site
Evening , first post new to the forum , so hi to everyone and hopefully you can help me out ,

I play ping g700 irons and gilde wedges , I love the clubs they are really helping me enjoy the game , one thing I absolutely hate about them is the hydropearl finish , ive had the clubs several months and it looks like I've had them several years , so the other day in lockdown I was bored and decided to polish the hydropearl finish off , I used some autosol and fine steel wool , couple of hours later I've got a club that looks so so good , I didn't polish the grooved area I like that Matt, so admiring my work I thought I could get a lot better finish if I gave then to a metal polished and let him do them with a buffing wheel and compounds that were not too aggressive , the question is and I've googled and googled it but cant find a definitive answer , I've sent ping an email but no response just a we'll get back to you , I'd like to find out asap as I've found a metal polished who can do them next week , hes not done golf clubs before but he said he knows what I want hes only concern was if the clubs were chrome plated ,

Question if anyone can help - Do ping chrome plate their 17-4 stainless steel

I do know I'll be cleaning them a lot if it's ok to polish them , but I always clean them after a round anyway ,so I'm happy to do that

Thanks in advance

DT2020

Visit site
Ping replied - Body is 17-4 , Face is C300 Moraging the clubs are not plated , So I sent them to the guy , He done one club and sent me a picture back asking do I like what he's achieved , Errr yes !!!!! , Just in case you are wondering I did not have the clubface polished I asked him to lightly go over it with a scotchbrite wheel
polish 1.jpgpolish 2.jpg