Classical Music.

Atticus_Finch

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
We had Jeremiah Clarkes trumpet voluntary. Great bit of music. Had a real trumpeter too, couldn't get the hordes out of the church til he had finished.

I like Mozarts clarinet concertos, as I used to play said instrument very badly, and it is nice to hear what noise it should have made.

big_russ

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Don't be ashamed of it, i think everyone has a liking for classical.
We too had Trumpet Voluntary as we left church.
I have it on my phone, MP3 player, computer and love to relax listening to it at the end of the day.

teetime72

Head Pro
Visit site
Brilliant post Atticus.Thanks.
I enjoy most classics,particlarly choral,I always like the Strauss concert on new years morning on BBC.

A favourite is Ravells Bollero,If I can listen to this and
watch Torvill & Dean skate at the same time--Magic.

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
I too like adagio for strings. Have it as thye ringtone for my boss.
Personal favourite is carmina burana by carl horff.

I have a decent classical collection that i play in the car when i am on my own, other half not too keen

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
I don't want to hijack what was an untypical post that had an aire of class to it. ;) However.

I used to be a manager at a 2000 capacity nightclub. The DJ played Come On Eileen 4 times a night, this was in the early '90s. In the end a few doormen got hold of it and smashed it. The DJ came running into the office demanding that we find out who it was, he was almost in tears, and fire them.

We found out who it was, and behind closed doors, well the DJ saw us take the doormen into the office, we told the guys to stay behind for a drink when the club was shut as a reward for breaking that awful record.

The DJ thought they all got written warnings!

Now lets hear no more about Come On Eileen!! (Geno was the only good track they did, now who's showing their age!). :p

I'm going back to listen to Holst.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I too like adagio for strings. Have it as thye ringtone for my boss.
Personal favourite is carmina burana by carl horff.

I have a decent classical collection that i play in the car when i am on my own, other half not too keen

You picked my two favourites there.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
The problem with Carmina Burana is that the quiet bits are too quiet to play in the car, and then when the loud bits crash in, the windows pop out. Great piece of music though.