Classical music

D

Deleted member 1147

I don’t listen to much classical but, Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue is a my favourite (assuming you class that as classical)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
One Christmas couple of years back I was in our local parish church and wandering about their Christmas Tree festival when the haunting sound of an oboe with piano accompaniment playing this - couple of church members. Absolutely beautiful as it resounded around the walls of that Norman/Medieval church. It can very easily bring a tear to my eye. Gabriel's Oboe by Ennio Morricone

Last edited:

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I do like a bit of classical at times. My dad is in to it and a few pieces of music do capture my imagination and let me drift. Not sure on my 'favourite' piece, but this ranks very highly

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One Christmas couple of years back I was in our local parish church and wandering about their Christmas Tree festival when the haunting sound of an oboe with piano accompaniment playing this - couple of church members. Absolutely beautiful as it resounded around the walls of that Norman/Medieval church. It can very easily bring a tear to my eye. Gabriel's Oboe by Ennio Morricone

If that is from the concert I think it came form I watched it on either the Arts Channel or BBC4

I have always been a lover of Ennio Morricone (that is him conducting I believe) and have a couple of his albums.

I think sometimes modern composers get overlooked when considering classical. I am currently in the middle of re-watching John Williams BBC proms night (2017) from the Albert Hall.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Guys, thanks for putting up some great stuff. I've really enjoyed dipping into everyone's 'likes.'

Something very different for you. A bit classicy but also quite new. I guess a crossover piece.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I listened to much classical music around 20-30 years ago, but usually only on a Sunday morning now.

Mainly listen to symphonies, mainly Beethoven (all), Tchaikovsky (5th and 6th), Shostakvitch (5th, 7th, 8th & 10th), Sibelius (all), Mahler (5th). There are probably many others that I've forgotten about and many great concertos too (eg Tchaikovsky's piano concerto, and Rachmaninov's piano concertos). Also, love the Planets suite.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Guys, thanks for putting up some great stuff. I've really enjoyed dipping into everyone's 'likes.'

Something very different for you. A bit classicy but also quite new. I guess a crossover piece.

My music teacher got us to listen to this in music lessons back in the 1970s, along with the Six wives of Henry VIII.